Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Original Color in Images

I didn't think the gallery save option was in WD, so i didn't mention it

as for the gallery itself - yes, but not if you really have changed your mind and have meantime deleted it, no - once you close then it is gone

if it is really important save it out - data you only have one copy of is data you don't care about and all that...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I will just make it a point to remember to save the orginal image off to the side of the page or on a separate page. This works just fine as long as I remember to do it. I was just wondering if there was a setting in the Color editing box that I was missing to go back to an unccolerized uncropped photo.

Quote Originally Posted by marjorie View Post
    I will just make it a point to remember to save the orginal image off to the side of the page or on a separate page. This works just fine as long as I remember to do it. I was just wondering if there was a setting in the Color editing box that I was missing to go back to an unccolerized uncropped photo.
    It is probably the worst thing you could do to save the master image in a file that could get corrupted, unless you can rely on its prior backups. The publish time will be slower and the memory used to keep such a large .XAR / .WEB file working is not the way to go. If these images are important and unique, you need to store them separate from Xara and your machine; mine are in the Cloud.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

agreed it is not the best option security-wise
    l have automatic daily backups of my computer and use incremental saves of xar which helps
    thanks for clarifying re gallery/save in WD
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I didn't think the gallery save option was in WD, so i didn't mention it
    It actually does work in XWD(P).

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as for the gallery itself - yes, but not if you really have changed your mind and have meantime deleted it, no - once you close then it is gone
    Try as I did yesterday, close my application and re-opening kept the original in the gallery. Not today, though, so thank you for getting to a clearer position.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat