Hi,

I'd appreciate your help. As shown in this screencast (http://bit.ly/34l6Qpc), I’m trying to import into Photoshop a spiral shape created in Xara, being my expectation to import a vector shape, instead of a rasterized image.

My XAR file is attached and is constituted of two spirals, one plain, and the other with a shadow applied.

The tests:

a) Since I want the spiral shape into Photoshop, I thought to export from Xara as .PSD would be my best choice. However, both spirals where rasterized, and the .PSD format seems to not fit my need.
=> Is there any workaround to export Xara’s shapes as vectors using the .PSD format?

b) Then I exported as .SVG and I had a mixed result:
b.1) The solid spiral seems to be imported as vector into Photoshop, since I can upscale it without notice pixelated edges.
b.2) The spiral with shadow was imported as raster, since I can notice the pixelated edges.
=> Why those differences? Shouldn’t the import (b.2 pixelated) be the same as (b.1 no pixelated)?
=> My evaluation in Photoshop about having the image properly imported as a vector is just by eye. By chance does anyone know how to clearly identify in Photoshop when the imported spiral is vector or raster?

c) Besides those tests, would there be a better method to export a shape from Xara, and import it into Photoshop as a vector?

Thank you,
Carlos

Export Vector (Spiral).zip