Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

While the lists are buzzing with P7 talk, (all good) I ran across this art work in Wet Canvas Digital Art and thought you might enjoy seeing this great seascape done by a young artist named "Burntone"

Here is the link

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...threadid=16507

Enjoy!

Wayne D
    IP

While the lists are buzzing with P7 talk, (all good) I ran across this art work in Wet Canvas Digital Art and thought you might enjoy seeing this great seascape done by a young artist named "Burntone"

Here is the link

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...threadid=16507

Enjoy!

Wayne D
    IP

The following is a very small smattering from a couple of weeks of one list. I wouldn't say all good.

> I see some
    > truly bizarre behavior with the water color erasers and the background
    > colors.

> Here's another work-around. It's not perfect, but it works:

>
    > I've searched through the manual and online help (same thing, I think)
    > and can't find anything in-depth on the Watercolor brushes and certainly
    > nothing that covers this rather unexpected detail. (JB)

> but I think the
    >> following behavior is a bug in P7.

> Unfortunately, playing back at a higher resolution
    > does not seem to work well with the liquid ink (or watercolor) media.

> I'm so glad I found this thread as I was beginning to think I was losing
    > my touch with the work I was producing! I recently upgraded to P7 and
    > was having terrible trouble with the new watercolors - the problem
    > described in this thread.

> With Matt's old brush, I can't seem to get the diffusion to work without
    > selecting some Wetness and once I have even a small amount of wetness,
    > the horrible color buildup starts.

>
    > I'm tempted to rant about what I think of Corel for doing this, but it
    > would be nice if someone from the development team could help out here.

> It is a shame that, instead of adding what may turn out to be very nice
    > watercolor features, Corel/procreate decided to exchange one feature with a
    > dissimilar one. Maybe the use of "pro" in procreate is a bit of an
    > exaggeration.

> When I open a document, the Tracing paper icon, etc hide under the scroll
    > verticle scroll bar. I haven't found a way to prevent this. It does not
    > happen in v. 6.

>> Just upgraded to Painter 7. Wakes up with an unusable display. All
    >> white is green-blue. Text of menue items is unreadable; appears to be
    >> patterned. All colors are distorted and the color rainbow ring-triangle
    > has
    >> bars in the triangle and on two sides of ring. Paint colors are distorted
    >> as well. Mix blue-green with every color an you would see what I am
    > seeing.

> Although much of the new Painter 7 brushes look very cool, I am a bit
    > disappointed with the speed. A lot of the brushes are very slow, Much, much
    > slower then Painter 6. Personaly I would not recomend buying until Procreate
    > (Corel) resolves these speed issues with the render engine. Even after
    > loading past version brushes the draw rate just crawls.
    >
    > My system : 1.8ghz P4 with 256 megs of ram so I know the speed issue is not
    > from me being too low on system requirements.

etc.........
    IP

Hi Thelonius!

Greetings in the UK!

Quite a list of problems - concerns you posted. Sounds like Painter is a real problem for some. I am so pleased that my system doesn't crash, my brushes don't need cleaning and special care after a paint session. I guess I'm pretty fortunate as things go in the world today.

Did you like the picture on the other site that I posted?

Also - You had a piece in one of the forums a while back, on experiementing with brushes. Can you post it again, I'm LEARNING to use P5.5, getting some good results. The trick is to have them happen predictably.

Thanks,

Wayne D
    Arizona
    IP

Hi Wayne,

I was only answering your assertion that the response to P7 was "all good" which as a matter of fact it isn't. In fact it is exactly what you would expect of corel.

As for what I think of the painting in the link, the answer depends on the context. If the creator posted it here then the context would be such that he is a learner digital artist and as such would receive encouragement.

But in the context where you have posted it which means that any comment I made would be to you on what I empirically think of it as a work of art. My answer would be not much.

I think this is what you're after.
    IP

hi there Wayne!

keep exploring the Painter that you DO have.

Thelonious' teach yourself the brushes tutorial does require an analog recording device like pen and paper [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (still love that comment, Thelonious, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). But it is a fantastic way to get a good understanding of how the brush settings work.

I hope that other users, like you, continue to explore the fantastic things you can do with the version that they currently have on hand.

I quit wanting to be on the bleeding edge of new technology (software and hardware) back when Corel DRAW 6 and windows '95 rolled out together. It was dynamic. It was exciting. . . It cost me innumberable hours and made me look like an idiot in front of my customers. What plagued me? a simple win 95 print driver failure for my not uncommon HP 4MP ( i had to resort to making my HP 4MP use an HP IIIP driver (for heaven's sake why had I bought the 600dpi printer?). That little experiment Cost me tons . . . I learned my lesson. Let others who can afford to be on the bleeding edge take the bugs and the hits. I stay behind the bleeding edge now.

I can't afford to be someone's unpaid guinea pig. (it completely goes against my adventurous nature but bugs are too dang expensive . . .to mess with)

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Bleeding edge? LoL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

However in Corel's case I think it would be more like the "hack your leg off and then chew through the boney bit" edge.

T
    IP

Hi Again Thelonius and All!

I get your drift -- maybe.

I did something in "retro" today.

I got out my Epson Photo EX CD and installed Photoshop 4.01LE and had a blast. It didn't give me error message's as that other brand from Ottawa does.

It worked faster and easier than I experienced two years ago, when I first installed it -- then quietly removed it.

The point is -- it was fun!

Why -- do we the purchaser's have to be the guinea pigs or is it white rats?
    Can you imagine buying a car and having it quit in the middle of the highway at rush hour -- and it's brand new. Then having the mfgr tell you the problem of unpredictable failures is inherent in the design -- go figure!

Well they have to pay the bills somehow.

I remember a few years ago watching a Japanese marketeer for Sony tells the reporter that they always leave the latest features for the next model because it creates a desire to BUY when the one you just bought can do the job satifactorily.

I quit buying the latest gadgets shortly thereafter.

Hope that truth hasn't rubbed off me.

I love my P5.5 and it doesn't blow up much. But darned those floaters and transparent layers anyhow!!!

Wayne D
    Arizona
    IP

The point is we don't have to be guinea pigs. If P7 wasn't full of bugs I'd buy it just for the zoom function. Ironically this simple thing was the first bug reported!

P6 has the potential to be excellent. I paid my money why can't I have the scripts work at least? If nothing else.

*you got my drift

T
    IP

Particularly like seascapes so went to take a look. But not being much of a painter my opinion is more john q. public and based on whether I would want the pic in my living room.
    Parts of the pic like the spray look excellently done. The shore is a bit harsh and seems like it could use softening and less contrast. The overall appearance seems uneven to me for some reason. I don't like the color of the large wave--I think because I like a seascape to invite you in and that one seems to push me back. But I couldn't do that good on a millionth try and that person seems like a budding artist to me--so I would say very well done even though I personally would like certain areas of the pic done differently.
    IP