Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug v16.3 - Links to SmartFields

Dear Xara...

I have tried the new Links to SmartFields as follows:
    1. Open Utilities > SmartFields > Personal SmartFields.
    2. Create duckduckgo:link as htpps://www.duckduckgo.com.
    3. Create duckduckgo:text as DuckDuckGo.
    4. Open the Text Tool as a text column.
    5. Insert > SmartField: duckduckgo:text > Insert. // Highlight "DuckDuckGo" and check popup shows "Link to SmartField: duckduckgo:link.
    6. Bug - Open Web Properties > Link. // Link to SmartField option is selected but there is no shown value and the dropdown is empty.
    7. Bug - Change and save Link as "Do nothing". // SmartField text is retained without its twinned association. Restoration is not possible in Web Properties dialog.
    8. Restore the SmartField link association. // Redo Step 5.
    9. Bug - Select web Properties > Website > Website link colours: untick and save Underline Text links. // Link is reset to "Do nothing".
    10. Restore the SmartField link association. // Redo Step 5.
    11. Bug - Preview the web page. // The duckduckgo:link value is not substituted.
    12. Bug - Examine the source code. // The incorrect link is being applied letter by letter for the SmartField.
      Code:
      <h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1 xr_s0" style="top: 0px; margin: 0px;">
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">D</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">u</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">c</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">k</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">D</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">u</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">c</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">k</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">G</a>
      <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">o</a></h1>

Gosh.

Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

Bug Re: v16.3 - Links to SmartFields

Dear Xara...

I have found my mistake - I mistyped the URL HTTP protocol htpps://www.duckduckgo.com instead of https://www.duckduckgo.com.
    Bug - Link values require protocol validation

The right URL also populates the Link > Link to SmartField.
    This also allows a link to be restored.

The final Bug is still there!

I changed the value of duckduckgo:text to "Sint aliqua anim irure ut dolore pariatur tempor. Est ad sed anim in sunt id ut do. Pariatur duis lorem in mollit. Dolore sed do adipisicing, enim culpa cillum lorem anim id cupidatat eiusmod nisi adipisicing excepteur duis."
    Each and every letter ended up with its own link line:
    <a href="[username]:duckduckgo:link" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)">S</a>
    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.