Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An "Update" to Xara Designer Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I downloaded the new version. It worked a treat, although I'm also confused why it had to uninstall XDP first. Anyway I have the latest version now so thanks again.
    = Steve
    This is why I bang on about Xara calling it an "Update" [I added the double quotes]. All other software updates I have are just that, not re-installs, not removal of changes mades in the UI or Registry, not removal of XML changes need for my Template order, not so many, many things. Each one is a niggle on it's own; collectively, it is a PITA.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

+1
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Each one is a niggle on it's [sic] own; collectively, it is a PITA. Acorn
    Apologies for my last; I am usually good with apostrophes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I assume that we're talking about XDP16?

I've just updated mine, and nothing seemed to be uninstalled?

My version was simply updated to V16.3.0.57723

Have they fixed something or the whole issue Acorn has had is nothing to do with the update I've just done?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I assume that we're talking about XDP16?
    I've just updated mine, and nothing seemed to be uninstalled?
    My version was simply updated to V16.3.0.57723
    Have they fixed something or the whole issue Acorn has had is nothing to do with the update I've just done?
    Rik, it was because my application wasn't offering an "update" that I took Kate's "If you’re still on v15 then you will need to re-download Designer Pro from https://www.xara.com/designer-pro/download/" advice, thinking it would work for early v16s as well. With limited guidance, what might you have done, noting I have had three prior successful notifications across all my licences spanning a quite few years? Also, the same download will be the one you would use if you had to re-install following a subsequent problem so my experience may reflect your future ones.

Acorn

Acorn: I see that you were upgrading from V15 to V16.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Acorn: I see that you were upgrading from V15 to V16.
    Rik, I was impatiently sitting with v16.2.

Acorn