Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Still having issues

if you post up a PDF that you scanned, we can check it and see if it lags when we ink in xara, you say you have xara 10 - is that xara designer pro 10 or xara photo and graphic designer 10

I will try it myself on a scanned PDF that I scanned myself and xara designer 10, but it would be a better test if you posted one of yours - PDF is a file container format and they are not all created the same way

inking is a process - you can use any image at all and ink on top of it for the purposes of testing - one downloaded from the internet for example, one you drew in your painter prgram

nvidia is only one option, the only sure way to know what your computer actually needs is if you tell us the make and model and then we can look it up - it's not likely, just worth checking

Paint 3D is not going to be a problem in itself
    Last edited by handrawn; 26 October 2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: ink it not link it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

mack 2 pencil pdf.pdf

Okay, here's the pdf of the pencil drawing I'm attempting to ink in Xara. (Actually, part of it IS inked already in Xara, until Xara started acting like an ass). :P

I don't detect anything unusual with that - I sent 15 minutes inking fast with 2pt pressure sensitive freehand brush and got nothing i did not expect which is some flattening of strokes where the 'wobble' that xara freehand strokes have does not catch up with actual pen stroke - how do you put up with the wobble, it beats me, i had forgotten just how damn annoying it is

one thing you can do is go to windows - settings/privacy/inking and typing personalisation - and make sure it is turned off, there is a chance this is taking up resource when you draw

otherwise I think you are going to have to investigate alternatives as suggested
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you, Handrawn. I tried turning off that function, but alas, no change.

However, after a web search, I came across this posting on the Microsoft community forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-d3c69749547d

Here is the salient part of it:

[I]All of this leads into my second (and most pressing) issue: my tablet's pen will lag only while in Adobe Photoshop 15 when doing anything with the "pen" and "eraser" portions of the tablet pen, typically with brush/pen/pencil/eraser strokes. There is a 1-2 second delay between when I make a stroke with the tablet pen and when it actually shows up in the program. It's like the computer is still trying to think about whether or not it wants to do the Press+Hold command, because it pauses on that initial stroke like it's trying to perform the Press+Hold function (despite the setting being turned "off").

When the function is turned "on": the pen will pause and a "thinking" wheel will show up before a drop window appears and allows you to select a different "brush" to use

When the function is turned "off": the pen will still pause, but there will be no "ink" on the screen until you move the tablet pen, and, even then, it's after a noticable delay between initial pen-to-tablet contact and the rest of the pen stroke/I]

The person complaining is talking about issues with Adobe Photoshop 15 - but his/her issues are pretty much my issues with Xara right now. What do you think?

which version of windows 10 is on your computer - in search, type winver press return and it will tell you

certainly you can try disabling everything you can in the wacom preferences for both pen and tablet, and then only switching back on what you really need
    Nothing lasts forever...

at this point I don't think the issue is with xara, I think it is between your cintiq and either windows 10 or another sofware proccess[es]

yes it only happens with xara on your computer - but from what I read in your link that issue occured only with adobe and not other software and the culprit is said to be microsoft ink - nobody is saying it is the fault of adobe

as far as I know issue caused by microsoft ink in windows 10 fall creators update 2017 have been fixed, but since your tablet's latest drivers are 2015 it might be there is still an issue - the least you can do is make sure windows 10 is up to date

really, the ideal thing to do would be to try a modern tablet - but hey cintiq's are not cheap especially as it would not guarantee a fix, and getting to borrow one may be difficult

did you try out inkscape/affinity and if so did they lag... if not that may be the way to go..
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's Windows 10 Version 1903.

ok so thats as it should be

so then if it were me.......[this may not be much help]

i would one of take my other computers - clean install windows - install xara, wacom, scanner only - see if there were any issues then

in other words, without hands on of your computer its hard to say any more

I still think you should try one of the other vector programs though...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Have you tried using a different USB port?

I used to have trouble with my mouse cursor slowing down and getting jerky. I traced it to the various power-saving settings in Device Manager. By stopping Windows from dynamically turning off the power to the internal USB hubs as well as the driver running my mouse the problem was solved. USB hubs usually have 4 or 8 ports and can be internally connected to things like a web cam, the keyboard, etc.

External USB drives can slow things down too because even if you're not currently reading or writing data, things like Windows Media Player and the File Indexer can be silently accessing the drive. The activity light on the drive is your friend.

Hmmm, here's a thought...is there a way to adjust the memory setting for Xara Designer ProX10? The issue I'm having is making me think that there's not enough memory allotted for Xara to work properly. I remember I once adjusted the memory for Photoshop Elements, and that did seem to help...