Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default site export includes strange folders

in xara designer pro x10 i export my site to a new folder.
    there should only be a couple of files as in imageweb00 together with the index folder.
    but when i open the index folder [imageweb01], lo and behold, some extra stuff pops up which i have used a couple of weeks ago for this site but have repeatedly deleted.
    any advice on how to 'reset' the export settings in order to wipe this from its memory?
    []
    gabriel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web00.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	125419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web01.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	125420  

Last edited by gwpriester; 23 October 2019 at 06:41 PM.
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Default Re: site export includes strange folders

Are you maybe using a resources folder that is associated with the xar file. Could be that but not sure.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Are you maybe using a resources folder that is associated with the xar file. Could be that but not sure.
    you got me there... how would i find that out... if i go and change things on the site in xara and export to a newly created folder the other folders [imageweb01] pop up as well - where would they be hidden?

I've never used WordPress but it looks to me like your using WordPress plug-ins. Klien & OU and _History files are nothing of Xara's making.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

tx egg & xtom, i think i know what you're trying to tell me and i will have a look. the answer might lie in the _history folder... i do not use word press but it could have something to do with another plugin - back to the drawing board :-)
    enjoy your day
    g

quick status update:
    no change in situation
    what i did:
    1. create a new folder to export web site to
    2. systematically deleted links and widgets on pages in both variants and exported every time to new folder in order to check if the xtra folders as shown in imageweb01 would re-appear, which they did
    3. do a comprehensive search for the word 'klein', which would refer to one of the 'ghost folders' in all files [css, txt and style sheet included] of the exported web site - none was found
    4. deleted and replaced all links to pdf files and exporting to check if xtra folders did reappear - they did

still no joy - so i did the nuclear option... remove all images, png, jpg, lines, html placeholders; all BUT text and exported the site... still the xtra index folder appeared with old files in it, including old pdfs [pre-rename] === then i did the www4 option, wiped ALL but an index.htm, wiped ALL data from the site, exported and imageweb03 and imageweb04 are the result - still no joy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageweb04.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	125423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageweb03.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	125424  

Last edited by ggsmit; 24 October 2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: xtra data

I'm going back a while so my memory may be somewhat cloudy but I had a similar thing with a audio file. The file was nowhere in the Xara document, but whenever I uploaded to the server there it was.

I eventually found it in the folder 'xarainfo' in My Pictures. I'm famous for installing things in non default places so you may not find the folder where mine is, but do a full computer search for Klein, not just the exported files.

tx chris, will keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by ggsmit View Post
    tx chris, will keep you posted!

good news, well sortof.
    i use directory opus 12 instead of explorer for most of my file management, it also has a ftp function. it also seems to have a cache though.
    i disabled the program and exported the site to a folder on my pc and checked it with explorer, the duplication was sorted out.
    what is missing from the index_htm folder now are the pdf files, but that is already on the server, so it is not such a train-smash.
    i will bring this situation to the attention of the company although i confess it most probably is just something i miss in the settings.

a similar situation, although server side, can be found on this forum here
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ght=index_html
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ht=clear+cache

tx for all your help!