Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara compatibility with Ecwid widget

After switching from one web design software to Xara I find the ecwid 'embed buy now button' option does not seem to work properly.
    Take note that I don't want to embed the entire Ecwid store on my page, I just want to add the 'buy now' button to a finished website.

Here are my steps to doing so:
    1. Create a product in ecwid.
    2. Go to Buy Now Button tab - copy the code to embed
    3. Go to Xara, add shape, placeholder, Replace with HTML code (Body), paste the code from ecwid.

That should be it, but it does not seem to display correctly. The image for the button is missing.
    Can someone with experience advise me on what had gone wrong?

Default Re: Xara compatibility with Ecwid widget

That should do the trick. Try instead Control-C (Windows Keyboard Shortcut) the code Ecwid displays... And then Control-V in your Xara Document.

Is how I have been doing it the last few days. 90% of the time it shows the button correctly

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    That should do the trick. Try instead Control-C (Windows Keyboard Shortcut) the code Ecwid displays... And then Control-V in your Xara Document.

Is how I have been doing it the last few days. 90% of the time it shows the button correctly
    I think to clarify the issue, the button seems to be missing as this screenshot indicated.
    To the left is the preview shown on ecwid. To the right is how I see it in Xara

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bqES5VB.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	125418

The store is opened, so there should be no problem with adding the product to bag.
    But it just doesn't display the button for me.

Hi Steve. I have had problems with Ecwid for a few years. I have several clients that use Ecwid for their shopping portal. I have embedded the whole shopping page onto the website successfully, only to have the page stop working after a couple of weeks, and also Apple systems didn't display the shop on the website. I would re-embed the shopping page, it would function okay for awhile, and then the same thing would happen. So I embedded the buy button only to keep the shopping cart on the website, and had problems with that as well. In the end, after contacting Ecwid support numerous times and following their advice - including pointing the server from their server to my clients server and vice versa - I resorted to just putting a button on the website that linked to my client's Ecwid shop. This is not ideal, as it opens onto my client's Ecwid website they setup, with similar content as the Xara site, but at least the client is not missing out on sales. Here is an example of what I mean (site is a few years old) - and if you click on one of the buy buttons you will see how it opens in the Ecwid shop. Paypal is so much easier to use, and Shopify also. If you find a great solution to this, please post it in this thread as I have been stumped with this for years. Cheers, Abi
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Perhaps you could consider xtom's cms solution that has been designed to work with Xara-designed websites: https://www.xt-cms.com. Xtom is one of the TG members.

Thank you Boy. I will check that out.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Hi Boy

I was thinking of running an online store with a shopping cart so can the above software from CMS be integrated into a Xara website, or does it have templates ready with ecommerce built in so clients can buy direct from the store?

Thanks Dave
    PS I have taken a quick look at their website but not sure how it integrates with a Xara website/store

Davora, I never used XT-CMS myself but others here at TG have reported using it successfully. It was specifically developed for Xara websites (the 'X' stands for 'Xara'). Perhaps good to check out their website a bit further (scroll to the bottom of the page for additional information) and/or contact xtom: https://www.xt-cms.com/contact/ or send him a private message through TG: https://www.talkgraphics.com/member.php?23781-xtom. He is very helpful. You can also download the trial version.