Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Which other brand graphic design software do you use and why?

Well knowing I won't upgrade past Xara Designer Pro x11, it is still my go to design software for all my professional mapping, and some of my page layout - I do use InDesign for major page layout projects, because the printer/publishers I work with demand it. I am using Wings 3D and Vue Creator for all my 3D work right now, which get's incorporated with my Xara work. But consider I've had Xara since XaraX1, and previous to that I was using Micrografx Designer, which Xara essentially replaced for me, since Corel bought out Micrografx then put it in the trash bin. I see no reason to use anything but Xara as my primary graphics program.

Krita for ... just open a picture and press "w" which i could have this in xara...
    Inkscape for vectorize bitmaps. (made in krita)
    Adobe PS and LR.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

I use Paint Shop Pro for bitmap stuff, and PagePlus for layout of anything I can't do in Xara due to size of other constraints.

I've recently gotten into Wonderdraw for maps, though I find myself using it mainly for landmasses and water, and then exporting the resulting image into Xara for use as a background, over which I'll draw buildings and landmarks.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com