Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Shopping Cart Recommendations

Paul,

I took a quick look at the link you provided.

You could probably do just fine with ecwid and their Instant Site. You would not need to build a website in Xara. Everything would be done with ecwid. Since I started using ecwid they have done a nice job of enhancing their Starter Sites. This is a one-page website with your store. I have a couple of customers using the Starter Site and they are happy with it. With the Starter Site (now called Instant Site) you can use your own domain name and you don't have to build a website.

I have been using ecwid for a couple of years and am pleased with it. But Xara and ecwid do not play nice. My solution was to do my ecommerce sites with WYSIWYG Web Builder. Cost me $50 to license the WWB software and of course the learning curve. My first few sites used the WWB Blocks so pretty quick to build.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

duplicate
    Last edited by onlye; 11 November 2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: want to delete

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    With the Starter Site (now called Instant Site) you can use your own domain name
    onlye, that is a useful snippet.

Thanks.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That looks useful as a starter store, thanks to all those that share so much on this site.

It's very much appreciated

Dave

Thanks for all your replies.
    I'm currently looking at RomanCart, which is looking promising and may be the solution to my requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    This problem frequently occurs with widgets. The simplest solution is to create a one-page document with the widget, apply scale-to-fit-width, and publish it to the same directory as your main site.

From your main site and mobile variant create a link to the widget page. You may need to adjust the widget page so it displays legibly, but if the widget is truly responsive this usually sorts itself out.

You can adjust your styles and colours to match. This approach has worked for me on most occasions.

Gary
    Gary,

I was excited to see your idea and text. I use ecwid as my eCommerce platform. I created a one-page site with ecwid using an <html> placeholder. I tried a number of different size to fit, size to fit the width. The best I got was the page resizes but the ecwid store shrinks in size instead of responding responsively as it should. For example, the 4 products in a row should reduce to 2 then 1 when the width is narrower. You can see the result page at:

http://onlye.org/postweb/xara-ecwid/

I believe this is a design issue with how Xara deals with variants. Not sure if this is something the design team will ever address.

FYI XT-CMS displays products responsively so they stack automatically for different width variants without need of a zooming/shrinking effect. You also get full SEO benefit of all the content and product information in the source code of your own page instead of delivering just a shell page on your own domain. So when people search for your products in google there's more chance of customers visiting your own website than say a page hosted by store provider or competitor. I just released another update for XT-CMS the other day if anyone wants to check it out.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Excellent Xtom. If I get a client that wants shopping cart, I would for sure use yours. I was wondering if the email form is in the free edition? Also does the free edition have advertising/your company lable/product?Also can the contact form be custom designed by that I mean fields added etc..

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Excellent Xtom. If I get a client that wants shopping cart, I would for sure use yours. I was wondering if the email form is in the free edition? Also does the free edition have advertising/your company lable/product?Also can the contact form be custom designed by that I mean fields added etc..
    Yes contact forms are in the free edition. You can edit the PHP file that is used for contact forms to add additional fields if needed. It has name, email, phone and message by default. The only branding is in the admin area in copyright and license info. Front-end pages are completely white-label, no advertising or branding in footer or even in the page source code.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

You have made great contribution to Xara, I hope users take note of what is missing in xara out of the box and look into your product.