Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shopping Cart Recommendations

I've discovered first hand that the Ecwid shopping store can't be used with Xara on both a main web page and a variant. Then visited here to find that other users have also experienced this issue.

Does anyone know if Wazala works with both main pages and variants, or can anyone recommend other stores that do?
    More specifically, I'm looking to create a store/cart in the same style as the one in this link http://designs2print.co.uk/product/leaflets-flyers/ where the size, quantity, etc can be selected from the drop-down menus and the price adjusts according to the selections made.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Shopping Cart Recommendations

Hi Paul

I am not sure what the answer is. But I do know in the case of forms, the same form cannot be used on a main variant and a mobile variant. And this might be the same for shopping carts.

The solution re: forms is to create a new form for the mobile variant and I think this solves the issue.

Ecwid is a very good solution so it might be worth a try. Also have you contacted Ecwid support to see what they suggest?

I am using Ecwid for a webstore I am working on now for a client.

Instead of a variant for the mobile site I actually made a separate mobile site with some code that people get directed to when viewed from a phone.

Check it out... But it's still a work in progress.

www.starclassics.com

And depending on how many items you have for sale... You could place 'Buy It Now' buttons on the page. A popup shopping card gets automatically created.

Maybe not ideal... But at least there are ways.
    Last edited by dutchim; 18 October 2019 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Forsure View Post

Any info or advice would be appreciated.
    You might want to try XT-CMS that has been specifically developed for Xara websites: https://www.xt-cms.com.

Hi All
    Has anyone tried the above shopping cart & integrated it into a xara site or can you build the whole site from the XT-CMS software that you can buy?

I'm looking to get an online coffee store up & running pronto...any info & help on template for the store & set up I'd be very grateful.

Thanks to all the good folk on here, they always come through & solve problems.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards Dave

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've discovered first hand that the Ecwid shopping store can't be used with Xara on both a main web page and a variant. Then visited here to find that other users have also experienced this issue.
    This problem frequently occurs with widgets. The simplest solution is to create a one-page document with the widget, apply scale-to-fit-width, and publish it to the same directory as your main site.

From your main site and mobile variant create a link to the widget page. You may need to adjust the widget page so it displays legibly, but if the widget is truly responsive this usually sorts itself out.

You can adjust your styles and colours to match. This approach has worked for me on most occasions.

Gary

Hi Gary
    Thanks for that, but also need something to take payments etc, doing that manually via something like paypal is a long winded.
    Regards
    Dave

Dave,

These links may give you some ideas for alternative payment widgets: https://merchantmachine.co.uk/online-payment-systems/ & https://www.powr.io/tutorials/how-to...ur-google-site.

If your preferred widget does not work with variants:
    The simplest solution is to create a one-page document with the widget, apply scale-to-fit-width, and publish it to the same directory as your main site. From your main site and mobile variant create a link to the widget page
    Gary

Hi Gary
    Thanks so much that is most kind to point in the right direction!

Regards Dave