Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Starting with laser cutting acrylic, how to delete these unwanted lines?

Thanks everybody! I'm going to try it today.

Default Re: Starting with laser cutting acrylic, how to delete these unwanted lines?

I see you have the latest version software, may I ask if it has the option to export in DXF format? If so, I'll update my old free version 5. I lost my pro license (due to a deleted email address) after which I returned to version 5, basically it's enough for me but not has the DXF feature required for laser cutting.

if you bought it online and you can remember the email address, you should be able to get your pro licence details from magix who now handle the accounts, worth a try

pretty sure ver 16 does not have dxf, 15.1 doesn't
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 October 2019 at 09:31 AM. Reason: dxf
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the demo Egg.
    After watching that I see it was "combine shapes" that did the trick in this programme.

Default Starting with laser cutting acrylic - How to easy create a contour cutting line?

So the laser cutting line +/- 5mm from the image. Those with a steady drawing hand and -tablet can do it manually, but is there a software-matic way to create this line that exactly follows the image, with manual adjustments possible like eg. the upper right corner part here? I tried this via the shadow tool and the bevel tool, but could not figure it out. I would very much like to learn how to do this, if it's possible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_search_1571354243711.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	125384

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Ray's method is the way to go:

Thanks for the video.

Default Re: Starting with laser cutting acrylic - How to easy create a contour cutting line?

you probably do this with xara's contour tool assuming the image is vector
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Starting with laser cutting acrylic - How to easy create a contour cutting line?

Why did you start a new thread?
    ~Fred

something along the lines of

apply contour to vector image

convert this shape to editable shape and ungroup

to the shape behind your image apply outline and no fill

use shape tool to tweak it

I do not guarantee it would be suitable for task I don't lazer cut
    Nothing lasts forever...

As there were two very similar threads, and because I can do this, I have merged the two threads.