Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Starting with laser cutting acrylic, how to delete these unwanted lines?

Attachment 125372

I like to remove the overlapping lines that should not be cut by the laser. Tried different buttons (Xara Xtreme) and once managed to remove a part, but can't find back how I did it. The result should be like the right image but outlines only. I guess there is also a fast way to remove all the lines at ones but no idea how.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	125374  

Default Re: Starting with laser cutting acrylic, how to delete these unwanted lines?

I don't use that programme, but it's often something like, select the various segments then "Outlines Unite".

Default Re: Starting with laser cutting acrylic, how to delete these unwanted lines?

How to select the segments? Some button combination?

Shift + click on each till all selected or marquee them.

shift click only selects the full letter here

If the items you want selected are the only items on the page...select all.

or

Marquee them.

Also, other terms used for Outlines Unite are "Weld" and "Merge".

What is marquee?

No idea how where to find these, the pop-up menu changes all the time. Sometimes I see 'delete line' that does it, only deletes the wrong line...

I also don't mind removing this part with a gum tool but apparently no such in Xara.

Put the mouse above and to the left of what you want selected then click and hold while you drag mouse down and to the right until you see the dotted box outside of everything you want selected then let go. Everything inside that area will then be selected.

I would suggest before you do this you look for the "create outlines" or one of the other words I mentioned that you will need once everything is selected.

Perhaps one of the other members that has this programme will advise of the term used here.

Is the picture on the left a shapes or letters?

I don't have Xtreme loaded any more but this is how I would do it. If letters select them all and convert to shapes. Select both shapes and Join them under the Arrange menu select Add Shapes to make one shape. Then I would select line color and clear fill color. You should at this point be left with just outline of the shape.

Ray
    Last edited by RKissane; 16 October 2019 at 03:22 PM.

Ray's method is the way to go:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host