Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    Default FAQ drop down boxes

    Does anyone know if it's possible to make drop down areas for a FAQ page, formatted with Q's collapsed, like this one: https://hamiltonexhibition.com/faq/

    Can't figure out a way to do this with my Xara Web Designer Premium...

    Thanks, Todd

  2. #2

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    ANYONE??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    10,087

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Time zones Todd.

    You are seeing a vertical accordion.

    Not possible in native Xara unless you want to add scores of pop-up layers. Look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...370#post581370.

    I created a CSS3 approach here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...250#post600250. Use the https://accordionslider.com/ and put <head> code in the Placeholder HTML code (head) and the remainder in the HTML code (body). You cannot use Xara for formatting of the FAQs and have to use HTML coding instead.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  4. #4

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Time zones Todd.

    You are seeing a vertical accordion.

    Not possible in native Xara unless you want to add scores of pop-up layers. Look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...370#post581370.

    I created a CSS3 approach here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...250#post600250. Use the https://accordionslider.com/ and put <head> code in the Placeholder HTML code (head) and the remainder in the HTML code (body). You cannot use Xara for formatting of the FAQs and have to use HTML coding instead.

    Acorn
    ACORN YOU'RE AWESOME AS ALWAYS, i'LL TRY THIS OUT LATER TODAY! TODD

  5. #5

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Acorn, how do I get it to work on mobile also? It works fine on desktop but then when I do the same on the mobile version it messes up the desktop version? https://museum.tv/faq.htm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    10,087

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    Acorn, how do I get it to work on mobile also? It works fine on desktop but then when I do the same on the mobile version it messes up the desktop version? https://museum.tv/faq.htm
    just use the Generator again for the narrower Placeholder in the Variant, keeping the same HTML Code (body) detail.

    It is possible to change all the widths to 100% in the CSS Code (head) to make the FAQs match whatever the width of the Placeholder is but you have to be careful and check each change in turn; the padding becomes the problem.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,374

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    You can see both versions I did links below. I can give you the code if you want.

    I installed two different codes because I could not repeat the same twice on desktop nor variant, xara has issues with that.

    https://www.minirinx.com/faq.htm

    https://www.minirinx.com/contact.htm
    www.designfacet.com
    Owner/Creative Director at DesignFacet

    Xara Designer Pro



  8. #8

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    You can see both versions I did links below. I can give you the code if you want.

    I installed two different codes because I could not repeat the same twice on desktop nor variant, xara has issues with that.

    https://www.minirinx.com/faq.htm

    https://www.minirinx.com/contact.htm
    That would be excellent! Thank-you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,374

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Just email me, go to my website down at my signature and email me.
    www.designfacet.com
    Owner/Creative Director at DesignFacet

    Xara Designer Pro



  10. #10

    Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    just use the Generator again for the narrower Placeholder in the Variant, keeping the same HTML Code (body) detail.

    It is possible to change all the widths to 100% in the CSS Code (head) to make the FAQs match whatever the width of the Placeholder is but you have to be careful and check each change in turn; the padding becomes the problem.

    Acorn
    Acorn, I tried using Behzad's idea but I can't figure out how to make it work. If I just wanted to use basic text for the mobile version (since I can't get these drop downs to work on both desktop and mobile) do you know of a way to do that? It's a FAQ page which looks great on desktop.... https://museum.tv/faq.htm but the mobile version is blank. I tried to just paste basic text on the mobile version, that won't work either. Is there any other way to do this????

    Todd

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •