Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cool Re: FAQ drop down boxes

Quote Originally Posted by marjorie View Post
    Yes, if you look at my link. This example is built with a free plan in Jotform. Unfortunately, it's limited to only 100 page loads per month, but it works well and is very easy to set up. For now, I have what I need in case another client would need it. I was just wondering if there was anything easy without coding that would not need a plan. I have other options I could use as well, such as expandable text code, expandable pins, and images. I would just rather not work with code if possible.https://www.madaboutmolds.com/Everyt...ht%20here!.htm
    The only code is in the Placeholder,
    <iframe src="faqs.htm" name=""faqList" width=100% height=100% scrolling=no style="border:none;">Your browser does not support IFRAMEs</iframe>
    This is no different to Xara's Embed a website Widget but it works for the site it is hosted in as well. Xara - IFRAMEd FAQs.xar is not dependent on any third party support, hosting or charge. the FAQ pages can be a separate .XAR file publishing to the same folder or sub-site folder. Finally, it works right out the box with Variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: FAQ drop down boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Shamelessly stealing Acorn's hard work. I would attack it using layers rather that separate pages which keeps everything in the same place, gives the option of using the built in animations and eliminates the small amount of code.
    Attachment 125486
    Nicely lifted Chris, I avoided Layers as you cannot (easily) collapse the expanded FAQ.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Nicely lifted Chris, I avoided Layers as you cannot (easily) collapse the expanded FAQ.

Acorn

The layers are left at the default 'Close Pop-up Automatically'. Click anywhere and the pop-up closes.
    I would have been nice to have the the animation drop downwards on the index page, then push upwards on a layered page, but alas it was not meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    The layers are left at the default 'Close Pop-up Automatically'. Click anywhere and the pop-up closes.
    I would have been nice to have the the animation drop downwards on the index page, then push upwards on a layered page, but alas it was not meant to be.
    Chris, with the popup: open "...2 close "..." Tweak, you can add Fades: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...anced-features in and out: Layer Name: layerX (fade-in 2) (fade-out 5) for a 2 second fade in and a 5 second fade out and the Link call would be popup: open "(fade-in 2)", "(fade-out 5)". I have found these undocumented features usually quite difficult to remember and maintain.

Acorn

This will be my afternoon reading. Thank you.

I use the 'layer name(lock)' - 'popup:close' quite often and it will be good to find other little snippets.

I have just separated my FAQs into a separate design file and changed all the links back to Link > Link to Page: xyz.
    I then made the show a Vertical Supersite with Horizontal Cube Rotate.

If this is published to the same folder and the main site, the Placeholder link should still work.

I feel this is superior to layering as it then becomes more portable.

Acorn

Afternoon Acorn,

Like the idea of using a supersite; it would be good to see your updated XAR doc. It gives you a neat solution for vertical accordions without having to write code (save for the two lines in the placeholder).

Gary

Info Re: FAQ drop down boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Afternoon Acorn,
    Like the idea of using a supersite; it would be good to see your updated XAR doc. It gives you a neat solution for vertical accordions without having to write code (save for the two lines in the placeholder).
    Gary
    Gary, here is a working example of the FAQ Supersite: Xara - FAQs.xar.

The required Placeholders need to be 960px wide by 100px deepfor the Main one and 640px wide for the Variant.

The displaying site needs to be exported or published to the same folder level as the FAQs Supersite.

The use of the new v16.3 SmartFields:text and SmartFields:link will vastly improve the development and modification time for the Bars Headings...

Acorn

Many thanks Acorn,

Fortunately, my upgrade to 16.3 worked as expected.

Gary