Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import PDF with layers.

Hi. I'm unable to import pdf with layers in xara designer pro 11. It is possible in photo and graphic designer 9, where a dialog box ask for editing or viewing. In xara designer pro , all elements of the drawing are in one layer, and no way to edit. See the file.
    Is there a way to do that in designer pro?
    Thanks
    Moujiikriet.pdf

Default Re: Import PDF with layers.

Quote Originally Posted by moujiik View Post
    Hi. I'm unable to import pdf with layers in xara designer pro 11. It is possible in photo and graphic designer 9, where a dialog box ask for editing or viewing. In xara designer pro , all elements of the drawing are in one layer, and no way to edit. See the file.
    Is there a way to do that in designer pro?
    Thanks
    Moujiikriet.pdf
    moujiik, I can confirm your PDF imports into one layer in XDPX11.
    It appears to import layers correctly in later versions of both XDPX and XWD(P).

While that does not help you, it hopefully means a Moderator will move this to Dear Xara.
    Again, unfortunately, I would doubt Xara will offer a fix as we are now up to version 16.

You may have the remedy already if you stage your import through XP&G9, save out as a .WEB and then open in XDPX11.

If you are importing a range of files, download the trial XDPX16 and in quick time save all as .XARs and then open in your XDPX11; there will be alerts that can be ignored.

The final suggestion is to upgrade to XDPX16.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK thank you Acorn. I can't upgrade just for that fonction. I've tried XPDX16, and the file went well with all layers names. I will install XP&G9. Overkill, if i may
    Moujiik

Quote Originally Posted by moujiik View Post
    OK thank you Acorn. I can't upgrade just for that fonction. I've tried XPDX16, and the file went well with all layers names. I will install XP&G9. Overkill, if i may
    Moujiik
    I have to agree. Write to Xara through Magix and request a bug fix for XDPX11.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Moved to Dear Xara

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Moved to Dear Xara
    Thank you Gary,
    Acorn