Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Embedded website doesn't show on page

As discussed in my thread "BBS in web," I added the club forum from Nabble, which is just what I wanted. I used the "Embed a website widget" from the Designs Gallery, but the encapsulated page does not show on my web page when published.

In order to make the Forum available to members, I just added a link, which works. However, I would like to know why the widget is not working as expected. Ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forum in Xara.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	125350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forum published.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	125351

Default Re: Embedded website doesn't show on page

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    As discussed in my thread "BBS in web," I added the club forum from Nabble, which is just what I wanted. I used the "Embed a website widget" from the Designs Gallery, but the encapsulated page does not show on my web page when published.

In order to make the Forum available to members, I just added a link, which works. However, I would like to know why the widget is not working as expected. Ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forum in Xara.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	125350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forum published.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	125351
    Open up the Placeholder Body code and copy its content for us.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Open up the Placeholder Body code and copy its content for us.

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn. Here it is:

<iframe src="http://w-pickleball.173613.n8.nabble.com/" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>

Does this work as expected Windjamer?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You were 10 minutes ahead of me, Egg. Just for confirmation: I did exactly the same and it works as expected.

Well that makes a change Chris, I normally cross post far to late
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Does this work as expected Windjamer?
    No, but the problem (again) is with the parallel "Mobile" variant. I think I can sort it out, but it will require too much time for this evening.

I take it that I should have created a "text box" to hold the placeholder code, instead of expecting the widget to be inserted like a bitmap. I'll get the hang of it, then forget when I need it again in a few months.

Oh, BTW, is there a reason you had me create a duplicate page instead of just using part of the "Contact" page?

Thanks for your help, Egg!

Non whatsoever, I just suggest you duplicate a page, & call it 'Blog'.

No, but the problem (again) is with the parallel "Mobile" variant.
    What's your issue with the Mobile page exactly?
    Egg

With you code unchanged, I have a Main and variant working. The Placeholder just needs to be thinner and taller.

Perhaps it is just your browser needing a kick with Ctrl+F5.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    With you code unchanged, I have a Main and variant working. The Placeholder just needs to be thinner and taller.

Perhaps it is just your browser needing a kick with Ctrl+F5.

Acorn
    P.S. It was not obvious you had uploaded images of Main and Variant. I thought it was local and published.
    Sometimes, a few words are worth more than a thousand pictures.