Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Re: Embedded website doesn't show on page

You were right the first time. The pics were of the page in Xara and published.

The issue with the variant is that it is sometimes superimposed on the main version when published. I can fix that by reworking content on the variant page.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Windjamer; 14 October 2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Wrong word

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    The issue with the variant is that it is sometimes superimposed on the main version when published. I can fix that by reworking content on the variant page.
    I think, more likely, all your uploads have got mixed in so your safest strategy would be to delete all content on the server and republish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think, more likely, all your uploads have got mixed in so your safest strategy would be to delete all content on the server and republish.

Acorn
    Hmm... Well, that's easy to do and I'll do it now. How does that even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Hmm... Well, that's easy to do and I'll do it now. How does that even happen?
    I assume that you have Xara's Quick Publish enabled. That might be the cause. Another possibly is your server is slow to update changed files and its caching has not been purged. I have a developer mode that does this for me but if I forget, I find the update can take a few hours to percolate through.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I assume that you have Xara's Quick Publish enabled. That might be the cause. Another possibly is your server is slow to update changed files and its caching has not been purged. I have a developer mode that does this for me but if I forget, I find the update can take a few hours to percolate through.

Acorn
    Interesting thought. I wonder if that has been my problem. The Nabble forum now shows correctly in Preview (Edge/ Windows Explorer) but not in Chrome.

These things are sent to try us!

I'll wait 'til tomorrow and see if the server has updated.