Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Latest release of DPX

Following an email I had inviting me to upgrade to the latest release of DesignerPro. I looked up my version and saw that I had the latest version (16.2.57326). One of the new features in the upgrade offer was fitting text to shape. I tried this by importing a shape and putting a text block inside of it and then with the shape selected , clicking on the text tool but no menu came up for fitting to shape.

Thinking that I must still have the old version, I downloaded a free trial onto another computer but it was the identical version as what I had on the main pc.

I could not find any differences between my version and the new one so at this point do not see any reason for upgrading. Am I missing something here?

Default Re: Latest release of DPX

Not a great lover of this new feature Phill but I believe if you create a shape and then in the text tool click inside the shape it asks you do you want to Auto-fit inside / Fixed inside / On top. Are you seeing this?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think the shape has to first be selected then you click on the shape with the Text Tool and the options should appear.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think the shape has to first be selected then you click on the shape with the Text Tool and the options should appear.
    That’s what I had tried. I am trying to evaluate whether it is worth upgrading and wanted to find out if the new version was any different to mine. So far I do not see any reason to upgrade.

Here is a past Thread on the matter. I used Rob's Registry change and haven't missed it once.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16\Options\TextTool\ClickToCreateTextInside: 1.

That said, the change that removes the Text area group when all text is deleted later on is most welcome.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My registry value was already set to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    My registry value was already set to 1.
    So it should be working for you.

If set to 0, it is disabled.

I omitted the link to the Thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Inside-feature.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for that link. My main purpose in trying to make it work was to assess the version I have currently with the annual upgrade in order to decide whether to upgrade. The text tool was what I started to explore and from what I have learned is something that I will probably never use. At this point I cannot see what I would gain by upgrading, other than the Vegas movie editing program which I could buy for less than the $99 upgrade deal. If I am wrong please tell me what extra features
    the upgrade would bring me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Thanks for that link. My main purpose in trying to make it work was to assess the version I have currently with the annual upgrade in order to decide whether to upgrade. The text tool was what I started to explore and from what I have learned is something that I will probably never use. At this point I cannot see what I would gain by upgrading, other than the Vegas movie editing program which I could buy for less than the $99 upgrade deal. If I am wrong please tell me what extra features
    the upgrade would bring me.
    Thanks
    Phil, it's not for me to tell you what it would bring you, it is up to you to look at the What's New and assess if there are additional of changes that help you decide.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Phil, it's not for me to tell you what it would bring you, it is up to you to look at the What's New and assess if there are additional of changes that help you decide.

Acorn
    It looks like the version I aleady have is the upgrade