Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Updating Page Titles in Google Search Results

I have published a new site, and some of the page titles from the old site are still appearing in Google search results. How do I get rid of the links to the old site? For Example, "Depot Project" no longer exists on my new site, but it's still showing when you search for "City of Halsey."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google Results.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	125342  

Default Re: Updating Page Titles in Google Search Results

With a Google account, log in to Google WebMaster Central and upload a fresh Sitemap in Google Search Console to nudge its bots to look at your site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I didn't do the Google Webmaster Central option, but it updated after a couple of weeks. Acorn's suggestion should make it faster and I'll remember that for next time.

Thank You!

You should have a 404 page regardless. The older pages may still remain indexed for months on end in google search.