Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't move text object closer to photo above

Hi -
    Me again - can't seem to find info on this anywhere and probably using wrong search terms in google and Xara.
    Granted, I am not a graphic designer so understand little about what I am doing. I am self taught in photoshop. illustrator and web design.

I have a text box with a larger (non-safe font) headline and some text in opensans below it. Above that, there is a photo. I am trying to move the text box up closer to the photo as there is too much space between the two. I can move the text side to side and down, but will not let me move it up.
    As to the photo, I believe it is in crop position - if I drag the size box down, more of the photo shows up. However, I don't want more of the photo to show up as it would be wider than the variant page size.

So I tried to arrange the text box to be 'front' so that if it was seeing the invisible part of the photo, it could still be moved up. That did not work.

Any ideas? Or tell me what that is even called so I can google it?

Thanks!

Default Re: Can't move text object closer to photo above

Hi Peaceinvt,

It sounds like your image may have 'Repel Text Under' applied. Select the image and right click and see if 'Repel Text Under' is ticked (checked) Get back if this isn't the cause.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cool Re: Can't move text object closer to photo above

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Peaceinvt,

It sounds like your image may have 'Repel Text Under' applied. Select the image and right click and see if 'Repel Text Under' is ticked (checked) Get back if this isn't the cause.
    OMG! I think I got it! I learned this morning about "repel" and loved it! However, that was not the issue with the moving of the text and photo - I believe it was the 'push' command! I just learned about 'push' and realized that you could change how much the below objects would go. I went into push and saw that it had a value of 100px. I changed that to 50 and saved. Voila! I could now move the text box up further!

Thank you for the quick reply and the continued help - - you guys rock!!

Default Re: Can't move text object closer to photo above

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host