Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help... new "Scale to fit width" causing roll over/link/reveal not to function

Hi I'm new to the forum so hope this is posted in the right place.

I've just upgraded to V16 of xara web designer premium, mainly for the new "scale to width" feature which looks great, but I'm having issues with it, so any help would be appreciated.

I've attached the .web file I'm working on (I've stripped out all the content for clarity, and set the "web export options" to "don't scale") and the nav links at the top all work fine (ie info, work, contact)

But..... when the "web export options" are set to "scale to width" then the nav links, or roll overs at the top don't function. I'm really hoping to leave these as they are because they are used on many other pages, but I'd also really like to enable the "scale to width feature" too.... Help!!!

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help... new "Scale to fit width" causing roll over/link/reveal not to function

Not sure what overall effect you are trying to achieve, but if you move the 'info', 'work' & 'contact' buttons from the Top_Menu_Reveal layer to the MouseOff layer, Scale-to-fit-width works (attached XAR doc).

Your reveal icons and the background rectangle they sit on have a reveal trigger and are 'sticky'. You may find the menu buttons need to be sticky too when the reveal menu is triggered.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help... new "Scale to fit width" causing roll over/link/reveal not to function

Thanks for your reply Initiostar, as you say , it looks like there's a conflict with the "sticky at top" applied to the info', 'work' & 'contact' buttons when they overlap the background rectangle/logo which are 'sticky' when revealed... (their layer doesn't seem to matter) and they work when physically moved downwards.

The aim was to have both the top buttons and the revealed header to be available and in the correct place as a template, so I could just hide the Top_Menu_Reveal layer or the trigger layer depending on the new page content. Unfortunately looks like I cant use both together, and will need to delete the unused links on a page by page basis.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Depending on your design thoughts, what should work is a main menu bar at the top with a secondary hidden menu (not overlapping) that is revealed by your trigger on any page that you choose to use it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hidden Menu.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	125333

Yes that's it in a nutshell. Shame because putting the secondary hidden menu anywhere other than the top really obscures and distracts from the image based content, especially viewing on different devices.

I think my best option for the secondary hidden menu is to ditch the overlapping background white rectangle, leave the non overlapping socials as overlay PNG's, and move the overlapping logo out of the way to the bottom.

Once again thanks for your thoughts.