Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Tile Slideshow 2 Widget - Pictures Become Blurry When Previewing / Publishing

What does the (600) do Acorn?

A thought I had last night and I think you have suggested is to scale the widget, note the new size of the images, and create new images to that size at 96 or 192px.

Default Re: Tile Slideshow 2 Widget - Pictures Become Blurry When Previewing / Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What does the (600) do Acorn?

A thought I had last night and I think you have suggested is to scale the widget, note the new size of the images, and create new images to that size at 96 or 192px.
    Gary, scaling the widget only stretches the images that have been diced. also, that wouldn't help if the OP has a fixed size in mind for the design.

The (600) part is a tad baffling. If I set it to (100), I got a lot of tiling; (800) was too big as it just cropped bits off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When I scaled the widget to 960 eidth, then created new photos at 192dpi to the new size, the Name info shows WTag:scaled(600):image automatically. It is all very odd.

Also look in the Bitmap Gallery. There are two sets of images, for retina hi res and normal I assume. And then two new sets of images for the scaled images.

I think extra compression is being added which is degrading the image sharpness.

Info Re: Tile Slideshow 2 Widget - Pictures Become Blurry When Previewing / Publishing

Gary, I am still guessing.

I, however, have changed my Widget to line up better than my first stab. No reason for it to be right.
    What I haven't done is crop and use all images at 960x615 from bitmap copies, I used some stretching so I assume the widget is building up things from the originals.

It also might be the OP did not Retina ticked, hence fuzzy presentation.

Here is my current work: Xara - HiRes Tile Slideshow 2.xar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

O man You guys have been busy!!!

Retina was ticked since You were wondering.

I had stretched the widget some before double clicking and replacing the images.

And I noticed You have to drop the images instead of pasting them onto the page otherwise they don't always show. Probable has to do with the naming of the files as mentioned.

Will check out Your file Acorn!

Richard

Update: So the trick is in the Proper Name Tags plus have the images at 192?

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Update: So the trick is in the Proper Name Tags plus have the images at 192?
    Richard, looks that way but happy to be told I'm wrong.

Acorn

I had enlarged it to 696x291 (I think), but just noticed when opening the widget you really are only working with the 600x250 that is the imported size.

So one has to set the page size (inside the widget) and go from there.

Had images in it that were close to 300dpi but that clearly didn't matter much.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Richard

Always one to flog a deceased equine. I took the original wine glass photo from the Bitmap Gallery and resized it to match the photo in the slide show. Then I increased the zoom to 192% and did a side-by-side screenshot. You can clearly see the loss of image quality in the slideshow version especially in the stem of the glass and the small highlight on the glass. And this is after Acorn tweaked the code.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image degradation.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	125334  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Always one to flog a deceased equine. I took the original wine glass photo from the Bitmap Gallery and resized it to match the photo in the slide show. Then I increased the zoom to 192% and did a side-by-side screenshot. You can clearly see the loss of image quality in the slideshow version especially in the stem of the glass and the small highlight on the glass. And this is after Acorn tweaked the code.
    So are you an Optimist or Pessimist, Gary? I'm an Optimist as I see two half-full wine glasses and the second is getting blurrier by the second!

Perhaps this Thread could be moved to dear Xara as the Photo Widgets deserve a rework (or an explanation).

Acorn

Perhaps this Thread could be moved to dear Xara as the Photo Widgets deserve a rework (or an explanation).
    Totally agree.