Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Graphic files or only code in modern browsers?

My question is, if someone happens to know: In the case of a modern browser, like Chrome or even IE10, that generate the shapes via code, are the graphic versions of the objects downloaded onto the user’s computer, even if they will not be utilized in generating the page?
    Hi gcellison and welcome to TG.

Xara does do as you state, creating an image if the browser requires it. As a quick experiment I created a simple test file containing a linear filled rectangle and the default bitmap (attached) If you go File / Export Website to your local drive you can open the index_htm_files folder and see that it does indeed contain a very thin bitmap for the linear fill.

However if you open the index.htm file in a modern browser, I used FireFox , Click over the default bitmap and select View image info it displays all the images within the browser. The linear fill bitmap has not been loaded. So I think you can safely say that the graphics version is not downloaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host