Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Talking Questions and an observation about XDP10

I don’t come here often, although I’ve been a member since 2006. The last version of Xara Designer Pro I got was XDPx10, which I downloaded in 2015. I’ve used it for various projects.

The other night, I downloaded the trial version of the new XDP10, which I guess is the latest version. I’ve played with it a bit, and I have a few question and one observation:

QUESTIONS:
    1. If I purchase the license for the disk version, will Magix provide me with a registration number to activate the trial while I await the shipment of the disk to my home in the USA?
    2. Can I use the plugins from my previous version for special effects? Will I be able to use both 32-bit and 64-bit plugins? Do the later Alien Skin plugins work with XDP10, because they sure don’t with XDPx10
    3. I’ve notice that XDP10 is faster than DPx10 (64 bit). Is that generally true or do I just have too much gunk in my old XDPx10?

OBSERVATION:
    I went to the sample web pages that the website lists: http://previews.xara.hosting/charity/, http://previews.xara.hosting/hipster/, and http://previews.xara.hosting/ultimate/ as being mobile friendly. My Firefox preview tool Responsive Design Mode (ctrl>shift>m) shows that these are not responsive for several common devices. I wasn’t planning on using Xara for wed design anyhow (I use WordPress). But perhaps that’s something the engineers might want to check on.

Nice to be back here and see this community is still here.

Regards,
    Alan

Default Re: Questions and an observation about XDP10

the latest version is XDP16

there is confusion sometimes because the program is generically called Designer Pro X irrespective of the version number

plugins that worked in version 10 should work in the latest version including 64bit, but there is no guarantee - I am fairly sure the alien skin do not

the new version will be faster

if you buy from the magix website, you will be given an activation key that will be listed in your magix account, and you should get an email too with a link to the pdf manual

the xara created websites are not fully responsive, this is known

glad to see you back
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Questions and an observation about XDP10

My OLD Alien Skin - Eye Candy 4000 and Xenofex 2 plug-ins still work fine with XP&GD 16.2, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work with Designer Pro
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.