Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strip HTML off of Text

A while back one of the members gave a link about a program that helps strips anything that is copied in HTML from Text.
    This would be great help to me when copying and pasting text and without having to go through the dialogues that open up in Xara.

Anyone knows where I can locate that thread or link? If not! do you have a better idea. I copy and paste large text and need a better way
    to strip all the formatting.

Default Re: Strip HTML off of Text

Paste as Unformatted Text.

I do but i do not want to keep selecting that option.

It does not matter because you have to select one or the other option when you paste text. AFAIK there is no way to just paste unformatted text. Even if you bring the text into WordPad and copy and paste you have to chose between Rich Text Format, Unformatted Text, or Enhanced Metafile.

Yes I understand but there was a guy who put a link to a program that sits in your computer and does all of this.

There is a plugin called for chrome Copy as Plain Text.
    Kinda does that.

behzad, open a new Post or Thread or Post Quick Reply to one in TG.

Open the Paste as plain text window and use that (Toolbar > third icon from left).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure what exatly you want to do.
    If you are searching for a tool that can do insert as plain text to any application you could use Ditto. Press whatever hotkey you have configured, select the clipboard entry you want to use with the up and down cursor keys (if required, the last entry is always pre-selected) and then press SHIFT + ENTER for insert as plain text.
    If you have a text that contains HTML tags such as: There is a plugin called for chrome <font color="#202124"><span style="font-family: Roboto">Copy as Plain Text.<br>Kinda does that.</span></font>
    and want to get: There is a plugin called for chrome Copy as Plain Text.Kinda does that.
    you could create your own tool with Xara.
    Download the example file, export it to somewhere and start the exported index.htm (or just use preview). Follow the instructions

Edit: Link to Ditto at Sourceforge
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you my friends

Info Re: Strip HTML off of Text

This seems to be the best Swiss Army Knife of a host of utilities: https://gchq.github.io/CyberChef/.
    Search for HTML to Text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat