Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Transparency when saving to TGA

Below is a screen shot of PSP2020 showing the alpha channel turned on - you can see the dashed line in the main window around the transparent checkerboard part, and the interface for loading/saving an alpha channel in the box at the lower right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSP2020 Interface showing alpha channel.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	125285

Note also the 2020 interface. Compared to PSPX9, there's not a lot of difference, but 2020 has a few more top menu items; Enhance photo and Palettes were moved up from the toolbar area, User Interface was added as far as I can tell. There have been many changes since X9 and there are long lists of changes on the PSP forum.

There are also 2 other interface workspace views - Photography and Essentials. What you see above is Complete.

Photography: this is a touch-friendly workspace

Name:	PSP2020 Interface - Photography.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	125286

Essentials:

Name:	PSP2020 Interface - Essentials.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	125287

While I'm at it and as a follow along to another thread about using an external bitmap program, I use PSP as my external bitmap editor for Xara. Upon exiting PSP after making changes and saving, the image in Xara is automatically updated.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

thanks again - I'm a bit of a junkie for this stuff - looks like I only saw the photography interface need to dig deeper if I get the chance...

I see the alpha mask [channel] dialog box - my query was whether you can access the red green blue channels.. in your screen shot [and the video] the program is set to layer not channel[s]

still I can look at that in due course now I know there is more to see - also youe are using the 'ultimate' version, not necessarily the one i saw...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Under Image, there is a selection to Split Channel and 3 choices: Split to RGB, Split to HSL, and Split to CMYK. Is this what you mean?
    Splitting to RGB creates 3 tabs, one for each channel.

The Ultimate version is just PaintShop Pro + a bonus collection of software. There is nothing different in the program if you get Ultimate.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

ok thanks again - when I get a chance to look again, because it is not installed on my computer, ~I will check this out

the split does sound like what I was looking for...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...