Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Modeling...Wings3D... WIP'S

So... who still uses this wonderful little subd modeling app ? I still play with wings every now and again... a little river scooter... 9.9 or 15 hp outboard perhaps Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gboat.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	125265 edited... ha, I saw the larger image, so sorry about the quality... but ya get the gist... lol... I will dig this file up and put er through a "rendering" app...
    Last edited by gidgit; 16 November 2019 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Title change... :)

Default Re: Wings3D... models... post em :)

Well as you noted in your post in my 3D illustration thread - practically all my objects are created in Wings 3D, so instead of posting models here, I'd just point to my thread. Anything that is "people" was done in Poser, since I don't model people well, and very rarely do I use in existing pre-built model in 3D software I use, like what's included in Vue Creator. Any plants are Vue Creator or PlantFactory, well most, I do create some plants in Wings 3D, but Plantfactory is better. I mentioned in one of my last posts that I was using Nichimen Nendo, which became IZWare Nendo, then it stopped getting support, and the developers of Wings 3D were fans of Nendo, and used it's code to create Wings 3D, though the latter can do some things that Nendo couldn't - it's work process is virtually the same, however, some things are renamed. Subdivide in Wings 3D was smooth in Nendo, for example.

Default Re: Modeling...Wing3D...WIP's

Hi GamerPrinter... was just sort of hoping to create app specific WIP's threads, so that everyone could view and study the various methods and approaches pertaining to each, discipline/app/wip's... cheers

Default Re: Modeling...Wing3D...WIP's ... Footwear Scene... Duck Boots

Modeled this out today... Duck Boot... took me a while to figure out what I had done before to get similar edges as my old shoe ... started with a half sphere, flattened, shaped out to sole shape, duplicated, flipped, bridged, and away ya go... back up top, shaping to get the opening hole selection faces group in right place, shape more lol, intrude a bit ...and, ya now have a hollow shoe.. move things around more, get top end built out and ok, go to sole area and build out... was quite the re- learning curve hooboyo... somethings to do yet... and then onto modeling the next footwear product
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duckboot.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	125617  

Default Re: Modeling...Wing3D...WIP's ... Footwear Scene... Duck Boots

Now we have simply carried things out to rubber boots... keep a copy of your first base object to shape... duplicate, and go on... start another model from the base object... just have em as objects... hit the eye for the base object, now out of sight, and the new is there sort of thing... go go go... save individual base and completed objects/models, into separate files, .wings format, as well as obj., or whatever, and soon enough, get ready to texture models, and assemble the scene... come on you wing's enthusiasts... get er done...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rubber boots.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	125618  
    Last edited by gidgit; 18 November 2019 at 11:05 PM.