Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default any benefit being w3c compliant?

hi! i designed a site and it seems to work well, also got big brother google's thumbs up for the mobile variant [pediater.co.za - the visit is optional!] BUT w3c validator gives me dozens of errors - long ago i designed a simple site with xara designer and it was validated by w3c;
    the questions are:
    1. will it influence google seo ratings if you are NOT 100% w3c compliant - and vice versa?
    2. will designer pro x10 [or any other version] be able to create a compliant site/page?

just wondering...
    have a great one!
    g
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Default Re: any benefit being w3c compliant?

I don't know about w3c validation, but I did visit the site.

I think it needs some graphic design love. I think it needs some SEO love.

I did a google search for South Africa Paediatrician and the site did not appear.

Here's one site that did appear: http://www.drhay.co.za/

Not even a map on the website so people know where the practice is. Add the place to Google Maps!

I don't think the site has a Google tracker - was it indexed?

I would care less about W3C and inject some design effort.

thanks for coming back on this @pauland . i do plead guilty on some of the 'charges' and realize that you would not have scoured the page source otherwise you would have stumbled across the google code. the practice is on gmaps , the page is here http://www.pediater.co.za/pediaterkaart.htm
    the site you stumbled across is indeed very well designed, your own site even more so [and cudos for the sally martin site!]. i was not paid for doing the site, neither is web design even on the level of hobby with me - as can be clearly seen.... the 'customer' gets plenty of 'leads' from inter alia the internet presence although 'word of mouth' is a far better marketing tool in the predominantly rural area of the practice.
    back to w3c though - as i said, i was just wondering, and still am ...
    kind regards
    g
    Last edited by ggsmit; 25 September 2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggsmit View Post
    thanks for coming back on this @pauland . i do plead guilty on some of the 'charges' and realize that you would not have scoured the page source otherwise you would have stumbled across the google code. the practice is on gmaps and it was one of the pages i left out in order to make it more 'mobile friendly' - thanks for reminding me to put it back :-)
    the site you stumbled across is indeed very well designed, your own site even more so [and cudos for the sally martin site!]. i was not paid for doing the site, neither is web design even on the level of hobby with me - as can be clearly seen.... the 'customer' gets plenty of 'leads' from inter alia the internet presence although 'word of mouth' is a far better marketing tool in the predominantly rural area of the practice.
    back to w3c though - as i said, i was just wondering, and still am ...
    kind regards
    g
    Why not copy/take inspiration from some of the designs and knock this one up a level?

The problem I have is that hobby sites are fine - do what you want - but when it comes to a business your free help could be costing the business money because of the lack of a design aesthetic. Sorry to be the bad guy.

I agree entirely about 'word of mouth'.

Paul

no sweat, i really appreciate good council and fully agree with you that there is a lot lacking on the design side [the fact that i am partially colour blind also doesn't help hehehe], and yes, it could even keep certain people - read money - away; no arguments there.
    i'll put some effort into it and see what i can come up with, without 'destabilizing' my unrushed pensioner life-style [or the lack thereof], feel free to check in and don't be shy to unsheathe the sword :-) - per pm please
    kind regards
    g

don't be shy to unsheathe the sword
    No swords here and I've put my cudgel somewhere and can't find it.

I think that if your non-paying client is happy there's no need for you to be stressed about it.

The good thing is that there's a website there.

hi! i designed a site and it seems to work well, also got big brother google's thumbs up for the mobile variant [pediater.co.za - the visit is optional!] BUT w3c validator gives me dozens of errors - long ago i designed a simple site with xara designer and it was validated by w3c;
    the questions are:
    1. will it influence google seo ratings if you are NOT 100% w3c compliant - and vice versa?
    2. will designer pro x10 [or any other version] be able to create a compliant site/page?

just wondering...
    have a great one!
    g
    I ran the site through the W3C validator.

As far as I can see all of the errors are arising from your google tracker and facebook references - IE not generated by Xara.

So fixing the errors is entirely in your own hands.