Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: CSS export for animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Braden, it's still a Flash file. Flash is dead! To view it viewers need to click "Allow Flash" which not many have installed these days. You need to re-create it as a gif, avi, html5 or css file.
    Egg, I asked for access to the file so I could look at it.

Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

Here's a final version created in Saola Animate. I like the fact that Saola retains svg's as svg's so you can size them up or down with no loss of definition and it's only 55Kb's. Unfortunately I created this one one an 800 x 600 px page whilst the size of the animation is only 200 x 250 px but I can't see anyway to reduce the page size to match in Saola. Said I had a love hate relationship with it

I attach a xar file containing a mock up. Just preview.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16GB Ram + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive
    Xara Designer Pro X 16

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's a final version created in Saola Animate. I like the fact that Saola retains svg's as svg's so you can size them up or down with no loss of definition and it's only 55Kb's. Unfortunately I created this one one an 800 x 600 px page whilst the size of the animation is only 200 x 250 px but I can't see anyway to reduce the page size to match in Saola. Said I had a love hate relationship with it

I attach a xar file containing a mock up. Just preview.
    Great job Egg.

Thanks Paul
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16GB Ram + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive
    Xara Designer Pro X 16

Paul, Acorn, Egg:

Sorry I've been slow to reply, and slower to understand.
    I am very grateful that you have done everything you've done to help me with this, I've just bdden really busy with work.
    Braden

It is not necessary that hypotheses should be true, or even probable; it is sufficient that they lead to results of calculation which agree with observations. -Nicolaus Copernicus

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    I've just been really busy with work.
    ..and you guys do real work, not just tapping a keyboard!

No worries.

Lightbulb Re: CSS export for animations.

In the end, I made a number of newbie errors in designing a CSS Animation approach.

The main one was that I used absolute units (pixels) so all the translations are fixed so the end result cannot be easily scaled. Similar problem to Egg, I suppose.
    I am sure that knowing the width and height ratio, percentages could be used to allow this scaling.

This is my updated file with some workings: JS-Hammering.xar.

Had this been for a client, I would have ended up saving lots of time buying a commercial solution but I would have missed on on the learning experience.

Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.