One of the few things that really niggle me with Xara is a lack of a good slideshow gadget.
Sure there are a few but none that compare to what you can get with Wordpress.
Anyway, I have a site www.motherofthebrideoutfits.co that I'm developing for showing new fashion styles for 2020. As you'll see on the present site there needs to be a good deal of things to change but the main part of the site is really for showing a multitude of pictures of dresses and outfits for mother of the bride and groom.

I feel that having too much text on the site is distracting from the aim of showing what we sell so want to make it even more slideshow oriented. The static pictures don't really do us justice and a professional looking slideshow should be better.

HOWEVER, although I prefer Nivo for this, I just can't get my head around how to add the pictures then have them show in the original orientation instead of landscape. In the default addition the landscape inclusion cuts off the top and bottom of each picture and is useless to me.

I do what it says on the gadget instructions. I just drag and drop the multiple pictures onto the first image and it fills up the remainder of the pages BUT ALL IN LANDSCAPE ------ AARRRGGHHHHHHH
Is there some way to change this before importation so that they all come over in the correct orientation?

Of course someone else may have a better idea on how to show off the pictures???????