Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XARA Hosting

Default XARA Hosting

1) So when does my Xara hosting expires?
    2) Can I have a domain email there too?
    3) Can it be secure?

Default Re: XARA Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    1) So when does my Xara hosting expires?
    2) Can I have a domain email there too?
    3) Can it be secure?
    1. When you fall out of Update Service cover (probably). If you deferred your activation then one year after.
    2. No.
    3. No.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Xara Hosting is good for posting a site or tutorial for testing or viewing here on TG. When I have used it, it is incredibly slow. And not secure. You would think.

Ok thanks. Mine although still under construction is on Xara. Not going to pay now for hosting until the site is all done.

I can't even recommend using Xara hosting. Its pretty much completely looked after by Magix.

I'm currently looking into alternative options to the hosting that will give you access to emails / SSL / cpanel etc. Hopefully will have something in the future we can present to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I can't even recommend using Xara hosting. Its pretty much completely looked after by Magix.
    I'm currently looking into alternative options to the hosting that will give you access to emails / SSL / cpanel etc. Hopefully will have something in the future we can present to you.
    Rob, throw in CDN and free SSL certificates if you can.
    That would be good incentive to invest in the Update Service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This would essentially be reselling another hosting service but white labelled as us. I don't know whether we could throw in free SSL certificates.

My approach would probably be separate to the update service (and Magix) but perhaps as a bolt on extra that could be ordered. The good news is that we could probably get the hosting a lot cheaper than if approached directly to these companies.

That would be awesome Rob considering I am going to use Xara for the rest of my life