Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X Builder and external sliders

Hi people.
    As I can see, this X Builder brings many needed things to XWD, specially some animation effect - slideshows.
    I already started to watch, learn WOW Slider and Hi Slider to enhance my websites with good sliders,
    which those external software really do nice.
    Now I am asking, do I need to look in it anymore, because we have X Builder with built-in such blocks ?
    Maybe I am wrong, or I do not understand well stuff that X Builder brings to us ...

Default Re: X Builder and external sliders

Just glancing at their site, it looks like a good source of Web Designer helpers and features that you can add to your Web Designer site design.

But Web Designer Premium also has a lot of professionally designed templates and available utilities. So you need to look and see if there is something in X Builder that you have to have and then make your decision.

I do like the one price, no subscription model.

Well Gary, I use XWD Premium 11.
    Since that version, I didn't notice that I have to upgrade ...
    So my quetion maybe shoud be: is it better to upgrade/buy XWD Premium the last version,
    or to intensify with this power tool X Bulider ?

Thumbs up Re: X Builder and external sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Dencuga View Post
    Well Gary, I use XWD Premium 11.
    Since that version, I didn't notice that I have to upgrade ...
    So my quetion maybe shoud be: is it better to upgrade/buy XWD Premium the last version,
    or to intensify with this power tool X Bulider ?
    XDP11 is by far the most stable version to my mind. (https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-web-designer/)
    If you desperately need the Smart Shapes Xara offers then go for the upgrade; the cost is relatively modest at $50 to get version 16.2 and you do not have to renew each and every year provided you download all content locally.

XBuilder is far better designed and leverages any Xara version and has a fantastic off of $49 as a one-off charge. A further $49 gets all the Web Templates. The offer has two days remaining. (https://xaratemplates.com/x-builder/)
    A total of $100 for both products that is probably going to have a cost of return of one development day (7.5h x $40/h - $300) in a single project is well worth it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I noticed that if you buy both Xbuilder and the complete template pack the cost is $78 in cart. Also Acorn maybe you can answer my question. I have XWD 11 and 15, I'm unable to update to 15.1 because it's a humble bundle purchase and never got around to updating or downloading the content. So would using XWD 11 work fine with the latest Xbuilder or would it hinder it's performance/effects? Maybe the pages or blocks require the newer version? Thought I ask you since you like version 11 for stability and maybe you are using it with Xbuilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Janix Bonham View Post
    I noticed that if you buy both Xbuilder and the complete template pack the cost is $78 in cart. Also Acorn maybe you can answer my question. I have XWD 11 and 15, I'm unable to update to 15.1 because it's a humble bundle purchase and never got around to updating or downloading the content. So would using XWD 11 work fine with the latest Xbuilder or would it hinder it's performance/effects? Maybe the pages or blocks require the newer version? Thought I ask you since you like version 11 for stability and maybe you are using it with Xbuilder.
    It will work with v11 for most, if not all, blocks. v11 is very similar to later versions and more stable. To be sure, you could step through the few changes later versions introduce and see if you have a burning need for something that v15.0 won't handle. Only you can be the judge.

If it were me, I would run v11 and XBuilder quite happily.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn, I will take your advice and buy Xbuilder to run with XWD 11.