Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Swooshes!

Thanks, good stuff as always, Gare.

Default Re: MORE Clipart!

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    That sure couldn't hurt TG used to be such a vibrant place. I remember coming here when my sister was in the hospital and it made me feel better.
    That's probably because the people who used to visit TG were interested in the Graphics part of the site name, the majority now seem to be webby types (not meant as a disparagement, just an observation).
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

It's not just this site, iamtheblues. Most other graphic sites are dead, dead, dead, or gone, gone, gone. Just a few of us old goats left (speaking for myself of course).

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    It's not just this site, iamtheblues. Most other graphic sites are dead, dead, dead, or gone, gone, gone. Just a few of us old goats left (speaking for myself of course).
    I'm sure you are correct in what you say, Gray, I thought I would be more distressed than I actually am by this sad state of affairs, but I seem strangely unmoved, in fact I am pleased to be an Old Goat, perhaps I'll design an Old Goat Badge.... I imagine that younger generations prefer the instant gratification that is the ephemera of Instagram and Twitter. Let them have it, they are welcome to it.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I am pleased to be an Old Goat, perhaps I'll design an Old Goat Badge....
    While I am not pleased to be an Old Goat I am glad to have been around during our "Hay-day" and this was such a vibrant and fun place.
    If you design an "Old Goat badge" I would wear one with pride should you choose to allow me one.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sign me up for one as well.

Exclamation Icons, 2021 Edition

Crikers, I haven't posted anything in months!

Let me continue, if you please.

After getting a new machine sometime last year, as I populated it, I found I really didn't have any evocative icons that clearly told me (and possibly me alone) what clicking the button does.

So, tah-da, and all that good stuff...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021 icons thumb.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	129147

If you like them (attached), feel free to use an icon utility (I use IconLover) to create your own...after perhaps editing them in XD. If there are any questions about what any particular icon represents, post your question right here. Or below right here, sorry.

I cannot vouch for this one, but here's a link to a free icon editor utility Free icon editor

Please post here if the editor sucks, okay?

My Best,

Gary

Name:  Wind-up-bot-8PNG.png
Views: 451
Size:  9.6 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Drawing reflective materials

Illustrating reflective surfaces is a great pastime for artists of all skill levels, but rendering "chrome" requires two things, off the top of my head, to create a convincing scene.

1. Set up a study of the reflective scene you want to draw, for the sake of phgotorealism. There is no way, no how a human brain can calculate the reflection angles of illuminated objects from multiple angles.

2. Less if more. You'd be surprised how little actual detail it takes to simulate a reflective surface. I wanted to do a "car chrome" logo last you, took a photo of the back hatch from about 5 angles, ad surprisingly, there wasn't that much detail. Just a lot of flat color areas with a highlight here and there.

That said, I present you with a table setting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dinner plate.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	129522

If anyone would like to turn this into a discussion, let me know and I will post the Xara file for your perusal and we can talk about it. Actually, I did a Xara Xone video tutorial on reflections back when I hade more hair. I'll post a link when I get a moment.

-g

Default Re: Drawing reflective materials

nice chrome effect

human brain works by pattern recognition, as you will know.. a simple pattern is often more effective than a 'confusing' one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Drawing reflective materials

That is a very good example of chrome, Gare.