Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: MORE Clipart!

I began creating a vector alphabet about two years ago, and then found something more interesting to do, such as arranging my sock drawer.

I found the work and have decided to get back to it. The concept is to give each character its own geometry regardless of the others, to go with the flow of the original Latin character, to use interesting or seemingly appropriate shading and colors, and to make each character a little piece of art tat could stand on its own as a design, or an artist's signature or a drop cap in a story...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lots of 3D characters.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	127961

My Best,

Gary

Name:  Life-doesn't-suck-today.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  22.2 KB
    Last edited by Gare; 26 September 2020 at 05:27 PM. Reason: acorn told me to

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I began creating a vector alphabet about two years ago, and then found something more interesting to do, such as arranging my sock drawer.
    I found the work and have decided to get back to it. The concept is to give each character its own geometry regardless of the others, to go with the flow of the original Latin character, to use interesting or seemingly appropriate shading and colors, and to make each character a little eice of art tat could stand on its own as a design, or an artist's signature or a drop cap in a story...

Attachment 127956
    My Best,
    Gary
    Name:  Life-doesn't-suck-today.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  22.2 KB
    I think you've been drinking the invisible ink again. No attachment access.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think you've been drinking the invisible ink again. No attachment access.

Acorn
    It was just very, very small, not invisible at all if you zoomed in on a 300" monitor.

Fool Disclosure: I was trying to multi-task and the graphic got lost in the sauce.

See now.

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    The concept is to give each character its own geometry regardless of the others, to go with the flow of the original Latin character, to use interesting or seemingly appropriate shading and colors, and to make each character a little piece of art tat could stand on its own as a design, or an artist's signature or a drop cap in a story...

Name:	lots of 3D characters.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	127961
    Really nice work, Gare. Some look a bit related, such as the b and the d but others look as if they were made by a different designer altogether. The b and d remind me of wooden children's toys. Are you going to do the caps, numerals and punctuation marks as well?

Looks great Gare. Now i'm looking forward to the "G"; I'll bet ya'got a bunch.
    ~Fred

Default Swooshes!

If you're unfamiliar with whiskers, swooshes, and dividers, they are all display elements in typography, specifically script typography. I need to create a few lately, and thought I'd post 'em for the sake of anyone who wants to make classy-like (:)) headlines and logos.

Name:	Xara Swishes II.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	128207

My Best,

—g

Name:  Wind-up-bot-8PNG.png
Views: 235
Size:  9.6 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Swooshes!

I like this very much Gary, have added it to my tool box. Thank You!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Gare. A very nice collection, with your 'quirkily creative' touch....

Thanks Gary, I may have a use for a couple of these.

Ray

Very nice work. (also loved the wind-up-bot on its side - made me smile)

btw the link in your forum signature to your portfolio on tumblr is broken and should be: https://akmotas.tumblr.com/
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022