Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D shapes drawn using XD

Thanks for sharing Gary much appreciated.

Ray

Default Re: 3D shapes drawn using XD

Thanks Gary, you're a generous man.

Default Re: Ampersands. 44 in fact.

For me, acorn, I've tried to find a suitable backup program if MAGIX manages to sink Xara...have not found one.

Xara's not the only game in town, but I cannot throw away an investment of decades getting comfortable and productive. Moreover, I wrote a tutorial on how to do something I felt was not demanding, and I discovered Affinity Designer doesn't have Blends or Contours, Inkscape—admirably cobbled—is missing a few shape manipulation features, Illustrator doesn't have a color-tagging feature, CorelDRAW, in addition to being expensive and on a subscription plan...I could go on.

But won't.

Hey, I gave away some neat ampersands and really don't want to start lamenting over the very program I used to organize and refine the ampersands.

And I realize I started it.

My Best,

Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	low poly heart.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	126212

(Here's a good one for St. Valentine's Day)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    For me, acorn, I've tried to find a suitable backup program if MAGIX manages to sink Xara...have not found one.
    Gare, insightful as ever.

My backup solution is to keep my Xara Desktop applications accessible through their version 11 invocation as I don't think Magix or Xara can sink them as the Cloud linkage is nebulous.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Happy Birthday in Stained Glass

I forget the exact features, but I have version 16, all four of them I think (!) installed. And because Xara takes up so little hard disk space, and because you can but a 7TB drive for $100 here in the States, I leave several version on my system.

This card required I use Xara Designer, Photoshop, ArtRage, Corel Painter, and about 3 days of work.

Name:	hb Barbara 2020.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	126214

Because it's my spouse Barbara's birthday!

Happy, Happy when you find this post, darling!

xoxox,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 27 January 2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Gart
    Gare, hijacking the alphabet too: Gary, Gare & Gart - the YET Triplets.

You did overlook a few useful metrics in your creation of that wonderful stained glass - innate talent and years of practice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

my backup plan is to keep xara ver 11 and hope whatever direction the company goes they will say afloat so i will always have access to it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Very nice card, Gare.

Default Who put the X in Xara? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gare, hijacking the alphabet too: Gary, Gare & Gart - the YET Triplets.

You did overlook a few useful metrics in your creation of that wonderful stained glass - innate talent and years of practice.

Acorn
    I do not understand math in the least; that's why I use a computer. I expect metrics is a shortcoming across the board, in this instance a draughting board. :)

"Gart" is a mistyping of "Gary"; the T being next to the Y, on my keyboard at least.

I'm not being defensive (not, NOT, NOT!!!) but I do know how to spell, but I never learned how to type. I can hunt and peck with the best of them; when I received my first contract to write a book, and totally oblivious to the art of typing, I think Barbara and I shared several bottles that night!

Here is something I designed especially for my Desktop.

I'm probably alone in my hate, hate, HATE for the XD desktop icon. I've always felt there was some mysterious power to the character X.

I've also always believed TV works because there's little people inside it.

Name:	The Power of X thumb.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	126217

The design scales well to a 64 by 64 pixel size, as you can see at right here; I put the Taskbar vertically on my Desktop and you can see a custom toolbar featuring the icon.

Download it if you like, to see its simplicity, or use it as I've done. The text can be removed and it's curves, not text. The font is called Merlin Hand from Linotype.

Have a good beginning of the week!

Gary

Name:  ViewMaster.gif
Views: 610
Size:  10.4 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lightbulb Happy Easter 2020

Easter is NOT called off. The way you can celebrate it and not die has just been modified a little!

Celebrate it in your hearts. You are blessed, you are connected.

Most of all, love yourself this Easter. There's only one of you, so #StayInside

Name:	Happy-Easer.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	126761

Name:  Life-doesn't-suck-today.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  22.2 KB

My Best,

g-
    Last edited by Gare; 11 April 2020 at 12:11 AM.