Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D shapes drawn using XD

Name:  gare cat.png
Views: 1899
Size:  25.3 KB

Sad, but true, Graham.

But sad.

Physical users groups gave way to forums, to social media. Post a bad photo rather than a profound reply to friends.

Tech has become a consumptive device for far too many. Yeah, mobile devices, mostly phones. More than 50% of phone users text. A very small percentage of owners use the phone to make and receive calls. Our nephew felt email was too slow and too much of a hassle, so he didn't replay to us when Barbara's dad was too old to drive and the car plates needed turning in.

He also didn't see the purpose in owning a workstation. So I showed him how I create animations and he told me he could see all the animations he wants on YouTube.

He's 23, BTW.

Okay, it's lamentable, in the literal sense of the word. It's not a pity, it's not a shame, it really doesn't affect me that no one will download free stuff crafted by real artists on TG.

I can't fight the entirety of our culture.

Not until someone is really, deeply hurt when someone tells them they aren't curious enough, and lack imagination.

[/ end rant]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Imaginmation.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	126152

My best impression an archetypal Olde Phart: You damned kids get off my lawn!!!

Thanks Gary,

I think I can find some use for these.

Ray

You're welcome and here is one link to the Clipart forum that has my LOVE iconic design as a giveaway:

download LOVE Xara filoe
    -g

Default Ampersands. 44 in fact.

This is more of a Clipart gift rather than a neat Gary Drawing.

But I drew it in Xara, I use it in Xara so tough ░░░░ ... darts

Name:	ampersands thumb.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	126165

I either auto-traced copies of materials or drew each one by hand. I did not break a glyph out of any existing fonts.

The locked text descriptors (converted to curves) either reference from which font I "adopted" where applicable, or I suggest a typeface that will work well with a specific ampersand glyph.

Get inspired!

Name:	Banra and Gary ampersand.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	126166
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Ampersands. 44 in fact.

That's a very nice collection, Gare, and it's most gracious of you to share it here. Thank you!

Thank You Gary.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You're welcome, folks—

Clipart is something that's pretty lame not to share. I get freemiums and freeware fonts and photography all over the web, and I'm just trying to balance the scales a little, as it were.

And to drum up a little ▓▓▓▓▓ traffic, because otherwise, tg is getting BOR-ING. 🌞

-g

Name:	mind over TOC.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	126167

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    And to drum up a little ▓▓▓▓▓ traffic, because otherwise, tg is getting BOR-ING.
    It's boring because Xara is failing us in not engaging and assuaging concerns about its products, its direction and support. Rob-Xar does a great front act but without the rest of the cast showing up, all we see are curtains, metaphorical and literal.

I want the products to sing so true artists and designers can focus on their craft. Web presentation is a necessary adjunct as without the mechanism, all the art in the world would become niche.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    ...Not until someone is really, deeply hurt when someone tells them they aren't curious enough, and lack imagination....
    only a small percentage of the population have a truely creative imagination... when you think about it that makes sense, if all had one it would no longer be 'creative', it would be the norm
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...