Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Bouton's Xara Stuff: Volume 3

Wow, if this wasn't art I'm posting I could be arrested for littering.

I might come back to this sometime in the future to fix a microbe here and there, but I feel it's ready for Prime Time, and ready to share.

Voila, a reproduction of one of the earliest Mason's emblem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mason emblem giveaway.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	125186

What I used for reference, and what I painstaking tried to reproduce in Xara. The file is attached here for you to see, use, awe at and so on.

What drew me to the emblem wasn't that it's found atop Masonic Temples, but that it's ornate while still being genuinely American.

At the time of the formation of the Mason's, it was called a "secret society" and speculated that it was a satanic cult.

Um, that is a load of ▒▒▒▒. The Masons began as a brotherhood of builders, masons. And it was a time in America when there were no unions, and masons, like railroad workers and farmers were put upon, abused. So the Masons created a secret UNION, so Union busters would not discover them organizing and bartering.

In fact, The Masons are indeed a Christian group: The emblem has an eye at center, the All-Seeing Eye (God's eye), surrounded by a three sided polygon, representing the Holy Trinity. These guys were one of the first groups to admit People of color among their ranks, and just as prompt to include women sometime mid-20th Century.

Okay, I should try not to wax poetic over a fraternal group. I was never in a fraternity back in college because I fit in precisely nowhere socially.

I'll be back with more drawings after I draw them.

Enjoy and cheers!

Name:  Blowfish-sig.gif
Views: 1496
Size:  6.2 KB

Gary

(not shown at actual size)
    Attached Files Attached Files