Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Bouton's Xara Stuff: Volume 3

Wow, if this wasn't art I'm posting I could be arrested for littering.

I might come back to this sometime in the future to fix a microbe here and there, but I feel it's ready for Prime Time, and ready to share.

Voila, a reproduction of one of the earliest Mason's emblem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mason emblem giveaway.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	125186

What I used for reference, and what I painstaking tried to reproduce in Xara. The file is attached here for you to see, use, awe at and so on.

What drew me to the emblem wasn't that it's found atop Masonic Temples, but that it's ornate while still being genuinely American.

At the time of the formation of the Mason's, it was called a "secret society" and speculated that it was a satanic cult.

Um, that is a load of ▒▒▒▒. The Masons began as a brotherhood of builders, masons. And it was a time in America when there were no unions, and masons, like railroad workers and farmers were put upon, abused. So the Masons created a secret UNION, so Union busters would not discover them organizing and bartering.

In fact, The Masons are indeed a Christian group: The emblem has an eye at center, the All-Seeing Eye (God's eye), surrounded by a three sided polygon, representing the Holy Trinity. These guys were one of the first groups to admit People of color among their ranks, and just as prompt to include women sometime mid-20th Century.

Okay, I should try not to wax poetic over a fraternal group. I was never in a fraternity back in college because I fit in precisely nowhere socially.

I'll be back with more drawings after I draw them.

Enjoy and cheers!

Name:  Blowfish-sig.gif
Views: 1492
Size:  6.2 KB

Gary

(not shown at actual size)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Bouton's Xara Stuff: Volume 3

Nice, Gary. Thanks!

You're most welcome, Mike.

Now I created this in sections, progressively using a Boolean operation to make the thing one, big, probably unwieldy piece.

Anyone and everyone should feel free to Break Shapes, sent the largest piece to Back, give it a new light colorm and then knock yourselves out, figuratively, recoloring the interior of the emblem drawing.

Then Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+G because why not?

Oh, here's an oldie but mouldie I designed a good 10 years ago. This book was completely written, but at the very last moment, Microsoft totally changed the features and interface. No way Wiley and I could do day and date, I busted severely to both write the book (and do screen captures) and design the cover.

Name:	GA never published.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	125190

I DID get to play with the beta and it was a killer upgrade to Creature House Expressions 2. None of the killer features made it to the final shipping, Microsoft as always screwed up a graphics program and then gave it away for free, and about the only good thing about the 4 month adventure was getting paid for a book not published, and getting up to speed with the program. I took a liking to it after immersing myself in it.

So WHY am I posting this book cover here? Because the program wasn't fully functional as we worked toward our deadlines, so I used Xara to draw most of the cover and lay it out.

Wouldn't I make a great sniveling sidekick to a villain in cartoons?

-g

Nice reproduction on the Mason's image Gary, especially from that old image.
    The book cover looks good also.

Exclamation Re: Bouton's Xara Stuff: Volume 3

Eons ago, I posted some hand-made icons, and I'm now back with 12 more.

I made those and these because largely, icons created by engineers suck.

Icons are little pieces odf art and most of us are little pieces of artists.

I have no idea what that meant, sorry.

Anyhow, if you care to guess what programs or commands or files the icons represent, go ahead and post here.

Name:	icons thumb.png 
Views:	337 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	125588

Name:  Cheers-box.gif
Views: 1182
Size:  9.4 KB

—Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could guess at 2 or 3 maybe 4 but mostly I have no idea. the one I could guess at are transparency, clipview or cutout, security, slippery or slick floor, sleep mode. I am probably wrong on all counts but that's my guess on some of them.

thanks Gare
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hey, Larry" it's the voyage, not the destination!~ Thank you for contribution!

I'll reveal my intentions for each icon, one day at a time:

Name:  Bank.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  5.8 KB

You were vary close, aside from receipts, I keep all graphics files and photos in this folder. And I back it up much more often than other folders!

ii to go!

By Best,

Gary

Name:  Triangle-fish.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  5.2 KB

I like them, Gare. I can guess some. I'll wait in anticipation. It's like opening one of those Christmas calendars.

I'm flattered that you'd compare ANY of my work to an advent calendar

I hope you enjoy them; they are 100% Xara vectors, not bitmaps so editing is a breeze.

And if anyone doesn't have a bitmap exporter to ICO, I'd do it for you. Actually, Xara can do this, no?

Never tried. I've used Icon Lover since it first came out in 1934.

Name:	toy plane.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	125607

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I like them, Gare. I can guess some. I'll wait in anticipation. It's like opening one of those Christmas calendars.
    Yeah, me too.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.