Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 3D shapes drawn using XD

You're welcome and here is one link to the Clipart forum that has my LOVE iconic design as a giveaway:

download LOVE Xara filoe
    -g

Default Ampersands. 44 in fact.

This is more of a Clipart gift rather than a neat Gary Drawing.

But I drew it in Xara, I use it in Xara so tough ░░░░ ... darts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ampersands thumb.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	126165

I either auto-traced copies of materials or drew each one by hand. I did not break a glyph out of any existing fonts.

The locked text descriptors (converted to curves) either reference from which font I "adopted" where applicable, or I suggest a typeface that will work well with a specific ampersand glyph.

Get inspired!

Name:	Banra and Gary ampersand.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	126166
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Ampersands. 44 in fact.

That's a very nice collection, Gare, and it's most gracious of you to share it here. Thank you!

Thank You Gary.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You're welcome, folks—

Clipart is something that's pretty lame not to share. I get freemiums and freeware fonts and photography all over the web, and I'm just trying to balance the scales a little, as it were.

And to drum up a little ▓▓▓▓▓ traffic, because otherwise, tg is getting BOR-ING. 🌞

-g

Name:	mind over TOC.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	126167

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    And to drum up a little ▓▓▓▓▓ traffic, because otherwise, tg is getting BOR-ING.
    It's boring because Xara is failing us in not engaging and assuaging concerns about its products, its direction and support. Rob-Xar does a great front act but without the rest of the cast showing up, all we see are curtains, metaphorical and literal.

I want the products to sing so true artists and designers can focus on their craft. Web presentation is a necessary adjunct as without the mechanism, all the art in the world would become niche.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For me, acorn, I've tried to find a suitable backup program if MAGIX manages to sink Xara...have not found one.

Xara's not the only game in town, but I cannot throw away an investment of decades getting comfortable and productive. Moreover, I wrote a tutorial on how to do something I felt was not demanding, and I discovered Affinity Designer doesn't have Blends or Contours, Inkscape—admirably cobbled—is missing a few shape manipulation features, Illustrator doesn't have a color-tagging feature, CorelDRAW, in addition to being expensive and on a subscription plan...I could go on.

But won't.

Hey, I gave away some neat ampersands and really don't want to start lamenting over the very program I used to organize and refine the ampersands.

And I realize I started it.

My Best,

Gary

Name:	low poly heart.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	126212

(Here's a good one for St. Valentine's Day)
    Attached Files Attached Files