Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rounded Corners on Footer Bottoms

How to create Rounded Corners on Footer Bottom / Page Bottom?

Thx, -Tom

Info Re: Rounded Corners on Footer Bottoms

Tom

• First of, remove the page shadow.
    • In the Page & Layer gallery, unlock the Page Background.
    • Select the Rectangle.
    • Clone and half its height from the top to middle
    • Switch to the Rectangle tool and the original Rectangle.
    • Set Curved Corners to suit.
    • Select both Shapes and Combine Shapes > Add Shapes.
    • Lock the Page Background.
    • Add back page shadow, if required.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Rounded Corners on Footer Bottoms

Tom, arising from your other Thread on Chamfered Corners, replace the Page background > Shadow Group with Insert Shape > More Shapes > Shape 1 and change the bottom corners to suit.
    This keeps the the Shape smart so you can quickly vary the design of the page background.
    The same steps for opening and locking the layer, as above, are required.

It is the first useful thing I have thought of for a Smart Shape in quite a while.
    I am tempted to change my default templates to this feature and I think Xara should do the same.

Pity there is no way of setting the corners to the same Corner Size! For a Smart Shape it is all by eye.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm a little lost on what is achieved by doing this. Why not just add the shape to MouseOff?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I'm a little lost on what is achieved by doing this. Why not just add the shape to MouseOff?
    Chris, tThe cutouts then go to the Pasteboard. If on the MouseOff layer, they only go to the Page background.
    It becomes more apparent when you add patterns, images or other styling to the Pasteboard.

New Page clones the Page and Pasteboard backgrounds. You could not do this with Shapes on the MouseOff layer (easily).

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

I am tempted to change my default templates to this feature and I think Xara should do the same.
    That's actually a good idea... saves some steps from your procedure list above and makes favorite designs more reusable.

Thanks for the follow-up input!
    -Tom