Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro Pricing Confusing

Hi All,
    Currently using Web Designer Premium and looking at getting Designer Pro as this is the better solution for my needs. However looking at it there is 3 options obviously the free trial, Then new purchase and then upgrade. Do I use the upgrade option to upgrade web designer premium to designer pro ? or is the upgrade option for the 365 days of updates for another year including the hosting/web space I currently have with them ? This is on the magix site....Then if you go on Xara site they offer website L and XL with web space and domain names. Correct me if im wrong but website package L and XL would only be needed for hosting and domain name if you wanted to keep everything simple instead of using another hosting company yes ? And upgrade option would be just to keep your 365 days of updates ?....Thanks

Default Re: Designer Pro Pricing Confusing

Hi,

Occasionally, Magix may offer users of Web Designer Premium the possibility of switching to Xara Designer Pro X (DPX) at a special price, but this would probably be the current sale price. So, you may want to accept the current offer, price for New, not Upgrade. You can always ask Magix if there is a special price for moving from WDP to DPX.

Upgrading is only to extend the Update Service period by 1 year, and is only good for the product that is displayed. Click on, Update, then click on the "i" button to the right of the price to see the definition of Upgrade, "Here you can upgrade to the latest version here for a special price or extend your Update Service..." This gives you updates with the restrictions indicated in the definition of Update Service (read this) and access to the on-line catalogue for 1 year.

With DPX, you get the equivalent of M hosting, which, as stated on the Magix site, "Xara Designer Pro X offers everything you need for a successful Internet presence, including 2 GB web storage and your own domain** - free for one full year!" If you already have the M hosting, then you can use the coupon or activation code to ask Magix to apply it to your existing account. Since it comes with DPX, you may as well use it, but not for anything mission-critical.

L Hosting gives you 5 domain names and web space, so you would only purchase this (separately) if that is what you want or need. Note that Xara hosting has some limitations and may not be the best host for what you want.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Smile Re: Designer Pro Pricing Confusing

Danny, Magix's site with offers is very confusing. "Upgrade" is MagiXara's wording for renew subscription on your existing product.

@All - Log in to your Magix account and go to its Fall Sale, https://www.magix.com/gb/sale/ or change to your currency at the page top right. Select the Pro products button.
    XDPX is being offered at £109 new. there is a Coupon with 20% off (AUTUMN2019) but when I tried it said the Pro offer didn't count but you may be luckier.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks guys, Acorn I had a feeling that would be the case with the upgrade option so looks like I will be buying designer pro for £109 then lol
    Thanks to you both for your replys

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyc5125 View Post
    Thanks guys, Acorn I had a feeling that would be the case with the upgrade option so looks like I will be buying designer pro for £109 then lol
    Thanks to you both for your replys
    You're welcome. Considering what I have paid for Upgrades, £109 is a bargain and is around the right amount for the product.
    My current Upgrade offer is £69.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thought I would follow up this thread, I was currently using web designer premium and wanted designer pro so I rang Magix/Xara and asked them do I use the new purchase at £109 or use the upgrade option at £69 to get designer pro. They told me to use upgrade option as this would upgrade from web designer premium to designer pro and it worked perfectly and I also got movie studio 16 and ASEOPS 11 all within the upgrade price of £69. They also said that after the 12 months to use upgrade option if I still required the 365 days of updates to designer pro. So I am very happy with that and obviously with the cost as well. So thank you to everyone that replied to this post