Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default any way to trigger a popup from a menu item?

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything specifically addressing whether or not a popup could be triggered by a menu item.
    Is there some code or syntax I can use in a navigation menu that would trigger a xara popup?
    For example, say I want people to click on the words "MORE INFO" in a dropdown menu, and by so doing a popup would appear with more info...

Default Re: any way to trigger a popup from a menu item?

Quote Originally Posted by prman View Post
    I searched the forum and couldn't find anything specifically addressing whether or not a popup could be triggered by a menu item.
    Is there some code or syntax I can use in a navigation menu that would trigger a xara popup?
    For example, say I want people to click on the words "MORE INFO" in a dropdown menu, and by so doing a popup would appear with more info...
    You can do it throught a button that you hide but keep on the page so you can hijack its code.

Create a button to open the pop-up layer.
    Preview the page and hover over the button.
    In the browser status bar, you should find a fragment of code like "javascript:xr_cpu(3);". The number might be different depending on how many other buttons are on the page already.
    Copy this into the NavBar sub-menu Link and OK twice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

wow, amazing Acorn - works like a gem. Thanks

You can also add a page in your nav bar and link to the pop up layer.

In this example, I created a pop up layer on the index page. Added some content and made the content appear on all pages which added the pop up layer to all existing pages.

In fact, if you preview Page 2 there is a link in a sub-menu that also triggers the pop-up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 17 September 2019 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can also add a page in your nav bar and link to the pop up layer.
    In this example, I created a pop up layer on the index page. Added some content and made the content appear on all pages which added the pop up layer to all existing pages.
    In fact, if you preview Page 2 there is a link in a sub-menu that also triggers the pop-up.
    Even simpler!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@gwpriester - wow, very cool! Thanks

I wasn't sure it would work because if it did I assumed Acorn would suggest it. But to my great and pleasant surprise, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I wasn't sure it would work because if it did I assumed Acorn would suggest it. But to my great and pleasant surprise, it does.
    I read into the Thread title too deeply ("any way") so I came up with an non-Xara approach.

Acorn