Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website and hosting prices ?

Hi Everyone,
    Im new to Xara products and new to the forum, Firstly reading through the forum has helped me out tremendously with things ive been stuck on.
    Im currently using web designer premium but will be upgrading to designer pro as this seems to be an all in one solution for my needs.
    Any how im kind of new when it comes to web design for customers so just have a few questions if anyone can give me the answers please ?

What do you charge customers for building them a website ? I understand it depends on how complex it is but just a rough idea please ?
    Also do you host there site and do you charge them monthly hosting ? if so how much ?

A few friends such as a local tradesman and a friend who runs a martial arts club have me do them a website so just need a rough idea on pricing structure

Thanks

Default Re: Website and hosting prices ?

Danny, let's say you build a static site in 20 hours and it is 5 pages. A modest rate of £20/hr is £400 or £80/page.
    But then you add a Variant or change to a Supersite so a cost per page doesn't make sense any more. I charge a jobbing rate of £25/hr to £40/hr, depending on the complexity. More if I don't like what I am be constrained to do, less if I am enjoying the work, the design is tricky but rewarding and I know the client is on board.

Ongoing annual support would be >10% and I would include adding a page within that cost as well as small, infrequent changes. Bigger changes at the jobbing rate. Remember, going back to an old design is quite slow to get up-to-speed.

If hosting, I charge the cost of getting a domain, SSL and annual hosting or longer, where suitable. Again, cost at your jobbing rate, factoring out your learning curve.

Ownership is straightforward but responsibility is the tricky part so I get the client to pay my itemised invoice rather than get them to buy the hosting if it is a new set-up. You have the responsibility so document everything into a pack that can be handed over at short notice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Website and hosting prices ?

Acorn,
    Thank you for your reply, Your input has been much appreciated and something to think about regarding what to charge for design and hosting.