Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Create a blog for museum director

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    The CMS needs to be installed onto your web server/hosting (PHP required) and then upload your websites files from Xara into the CMS as a theme. There's a pdf install guide on the support page.

Not sure what you mean about scrollbars? It doesn't use iframes.
    I was under the impression it did! My bad.

I guess you're using a placeholder and rendering the content inside that, so a fixed 'page' size.

I guess you're using a placeholder and rendering the content inside that, so a fixed 'page' size.
    Yep, add a placeholder in Xara with a special tag {page_content} and this is where the CMS will output content onto the page. For Xara yes a fixed page size by default but you can adjust this manually to suit or there's a javascript tweak that allows the page to extend and accomodate the dynamic content automatically.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Yep, add a placeholder in Xara with a special tag {page_content} and this is where the CMS will output content onto the page. For Xara yes a fixed page size by default but you can adjust this manually to suit or there's a javascript tweak that allows the page to extend and accomodate the dynamic content automatically.
    Very clever.

Thanks. I will very likely buy this just need to try it out first.

I am glad I introduced it to you. XTom is very talented and this is exactly what is missing in Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I am glad I introduced it to you. XTom is very talented and this is exactly what is missing in Xara.
    I am glad you did too! Thankss very much for this. Can't wait for Saturday night when I finally have time to try it out and then make the decision.

Hi XTom.... I'm trying to get to the admin panel but it's not working. I put the cms folder in a TEST folder on the server so I can test things out first. https://museum.tv/TEST/cms/admin/

Here's the error message I get ... Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@museum.tv to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache Server at museum.tv Port 443

I also just uploaded the cms folder to the root server at museum.tv and it's still not showing when I go to .... https://museum.tv/cms/admin/

I did get the install utility to show in my browser ... https://www.museum.tv/cms_install_utility/index.php
    Last edited by trnhockey; 13 September 2019 at 08:10 PM.