Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Imagine a gallery of editable loading animations . . .

Have you ever been to a website that has one of these things pop-up?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotate-pulsating-loading-animation.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	125131

This animation helps you to distract the viewer from the fact that your site takes a bit longer to load.

Maybe you have a large gallery to display, maybe your blog is a mile long: whatever the reason, this will make the wait just a little less stressful.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Xara can't even implement the CSS animation your coder friend typed up for you.

You can play around with the layers though.

Place a GIF at the bottom of your site and it will, because a GIF is small, (probably) load first and then the other objects will stack on top of it as they load.

But having a clean, crisp animation play smoothly until your page is fully loaded and then fade away to reveal your stunning site with its whimsical web animations, cannot be done with this software as far as I know.

Dear Xara,

Please implement this feature. there are other web builders which do this as far as I have heard.

Do it better than they do.

Do everything better than they do.

Default Re: Imagine a gallery of editable loading animations . . .

The load animation tells me: this website is slow, possibly unoptimised, find a better site, never return. (ok not always, but a lot)

Visitors just want to get your website content as quickly as possible. A mile long blog might be split into a number of different blog entries or a big gallery displayed over a number of pages or the images streamed in as you scroll through them. Aim to get your website pages loading as quickly as possible, load animations will just add more file resources for your website to download. Maybe if you have a very media rich web page it might be justified but for most websites you shouldn't really need it and should aim for not needing it.

Having said that it is always nice to have such features should we ever need them.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    The load animation tells me: this website is slow, possibly unoptimised, find a better site, never return.
    Don't go to my site!

In my defence, I'm not that bothered about low bandwidth users - but I sure could do better.

LOL

it would not distract me - a static page of interesting and amusing blurb might [especially changed every now and then] but one person's interesting and amusing is another person's asinine rant, you never please everyone, it would have to relate to the site in some way
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 September 2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: and it would need to be spelt proper
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, it would be nice to at least have the ability to make one.

I've seen them on people's Xara sites before, but I have no idea how they've managed to get it on there.

It's not in the manual or anywhere on the website nor do I know of any tutorials.