Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stop the music !

Could be a coincidence but...

I have just installed latest update 16.2.1 and am still having problems showing panoramas in presentations.... However the latest twist is that when I click on the icon to preview the entire presentation and whilst Xara is preparing to export, I have to endure the cacophonyof all the sound files included in the presentation being played simultaneously ! not really pleasant!

Has any other user experienced this and more importantly, appart from turning off the sound does anybody have a solution ?

Here's hoping

Zap

Default Re: Stop the music !

Zap, build us a similar, smaller dummy site with two music files and upload these and the design to TG. That way we can all check if it is generic or just you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Following your suggestion I made a simple title page and then added two pages from the aforementioned presentation. The result is not identical but still confusing...

Pressing preview entire presentation now triggers the sound clip on Page 3, which then continues to play incessantly.

No doubt I am probably doing something foolish and wrong but I would like to know what it is !

P.S. How do I upload the files? Never having done this before, I have a 'soundtest.xar' file and then a sound test folder full of the varous bits and pieces. I tried converting it to a single RAR file but it was rejected...

Zap

AFAIK the forum will accept .ZIP or .7z but not .RAR

there is a 10MB size limit
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Handrawn,

Hopefully the zip file will help shed some light on the problem.

On my setup, the sound file on page 3 just plays and plays and plays...

Zap
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: Stop the music !

Quote Originally Posted by zapatak View Post
    Thanks Handrawn,
    Hopefully the zip file will help shed some light on the problem.
    On my setup, the sound file on page 3 just plays and plays and plays...
    Zap
    Cheers Zap.

The problem come from the use of autoplay in the Placeholders.
    <audio class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/Ships horn.mp3" controls autoplay width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    <audio class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/Penny Whistlers.mp3" controls autoplay width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    Your Presentation is effectively one long file so when you get to a page with autoplay it will and when you hit the next, it will too.
    If the sound files were short then they would stop in line with the speed of your presentation. If, however, you whizz back or forward, all will kick in again.

So remove autoplay.

Your are then stuck with playing them on demand.

The simplest is to have a "play" button with the following code:
    javascript: document.getElementById('player1').play();
    Your Placeholder code needs to know it is the one so add an id:
    <audio class="xar_meplayer" id="player1" src="index_htm_files/Ships horn.mp3" controls width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    The "play" button can be a transparent overlay over the ship. I used an ellipse.

If you need a "pause", you need a button with code:
    javascript: document.getElementById('player1').pause();
    I just added a transparent ellipse over the smoke.

Change id=player1" to the next number (e.g., player2) for the second file and so on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Sorry to harass you like this...

I understand your point about the autoplay function and have removed it from the pages. Unfortunately I am not making progress on creating the invisible play buttons.
    I create a rectangle on the same page layer and then try to convert it to a placeholder by inserting your 'javascript: document.getElementById('player1').play();' text in the html body window. It doesn't seem to like it ! the text just shows up on the page as text. Could you please explain my probably stupid mistake or post me the zip of your working page ?

incidentally and in no way relevant, but maybe of interest?

in our garden we have several oak trees, the largest of which has a 30 meter span and produces the largest acorns I and anybody who sees it, have ever seen !

Cheers

Zap

Info Re: Stop the music !

Hi Acorn,

Sorry to harass you like this...

I understand your point about the autoplay function and have removed it from the pages. Unfortunately I am not making progress on creating the invisible play buttons.
    I create a rectangle on the same page layer and then try to convert it to a placeholder by inserting your 'javascript: document.getElementById('player1').play();' text in the html body window. It doesn't seem to like it ! the text just shows up on the page as text. Could you please explain my probably stupid mistake or post me the zip of your working page ?

incidentally and in no way relevant, but maybe of interest?

in our garden we have several oak trees, the largest of which has a 30 meter span and produces the largest acorns I and anybody who sees it, have ever seen !

Cheers

Zap
    No Zap, you do not create a Placeholder, you create a Shape and add the code as a Link in Web Properties > Link > Link to Web or Email address: javascript: document.getElementById('player1').play();.

Here is the "pause" example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smokin'.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	125120

Acorn

Many thanks Acorn,

All is working fine on the demo presentation, will attack the 50 page one this afternoon.

Zap

Many thanks Acorn,
    All is working fine on the demo presentation, will attack the 50 page one this afternoon.
    Zap
    Glad to have been of use.

Acorn