Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I make this object stick to the edge of the browser window somehow?

I want to use an intricate design(not necessarily the flourish seen in the video) to spice up the background, but don't know how to make it fit the browser without cutting a whole bunch off.

Acorn, gwpriester, ChrisM, Egg: what do I DO?

Last edited by Braden; 09 September 2019 at 06:28 PM.

Default Re: Can I make this object stick to the edge of the browser window somehow?

Just place the object on the pasteboard and set as sticky.

Default Re: Can I make this object stick to the edge of the browser window somehow?

You could maybe make the top left part and bottom right part all the one image and then set it to pasteboard background and then set the pasteboard background to fill browser window.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Braden, make sure the Shapes do not touch the Page Background anywhere.

Make then horizontally the same level and they will move with your browser scroll.

Acorn

P.S. When you are finished with this project you will have better context for discovering what you should have done overall. Sit down with the PDF Manual or Help and really go through all the features. You'll pick up so much more and it is far better than keeping on hitting brick walls.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can see what you're trying to achieve, not the actual question, but the reason why you want to do it, you're trying to fill the empty space.

Usual disclaimer: different ideas, subjective, no right or wrong etc.
    I think you should start by thinking 'what is this site about?' On the surface it seems to be construction in a good old solid wood. As much about values and craftsmanship than fancy tech and speed/money. The photos portray to me that whatever you're building is going to outlast several generations and give Stonehenge a run for it's money...your website should give that vibe too.

If you want a barn door you wouldn't use wrought iron, you'd whack up a solid one with hinges that laugh in the face of a tornado. So. Don't put little fancy bits to fill the spaces, throw a barn door at them. Use a textured background as xtom suggested.

A couple of your photos show porches that show strong solid elegance, choose a strong font for your header. Construct your site as you would construct one of your projects.

Lastly, as I argue with a lot of my customers, photos. Show me what you do, explaining is useless. I won't understand how you do it, I just want what I want because it's going to be mine.

Here's how I would approach it.

Brayden.web

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement!

The site now is starting to look a lot better.

https://pilgrimwayconstruction.com/sandbox/

Far better Branden but I still dislike the static page background of horizontal planking. Could I suggest you try it as vertical planking?

Also some of your photographs are very wooden, the craftsmen look like they belong to the terracotta army so still and upright and unmoving
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host