Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shadow and Feathering Weirdness. Stretching horizontal and vertical is different.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    there is a possible alternative - instead of using the shadow tool create a shadow yourself and manipulate it in step with your main object
    I suggested that but it still acts in the same fashion.
    I find the shadow tool limited in what it can do anyway.. but it depends what you want / are doing
    Regardless of the end result, I totally agree.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Shadow and Feathering Weirdness. Stretching horizontal and vertical is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I suggested that but it still acts in the same fashion.
    sorry I must have missed that

but what I was suggesting was to manipulate the shadow in step but separately rather than linked, so that it would not act in the same fasion because it would be adjusted independantly - more work but more flexible, and how it was done before we had a shadow tool [not that I would remember ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

sorry I must have missed that

but what I was suggesting was to manipulate the shadow in step but separately rather than linked, so that it would not act in the same fasion because it would be adjusted independantly - more work but more flexible, and how it was done before we had a shadow tool [not that I would remember ]
    I am still with you.

Here is what is niggling for Xara Shadow or Displaced Boxes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To Infinity.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	125105
    Growing horizontally by 200% changes the direction of infinity.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

indeed.. but I don't think the shadow tool is indended for illustration/artisitic work, it is more a shortcut for creating emphasis on graphics in a similar way to putting an outline on a box
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

indeed.. but I don't think the shadow tool is indended for illustration/artisitic work, it is more a shortcut for creating emphasis on graphics in a similar way to putting an outline on a box
    My workaround it to keep a Shadow Group copy of a Line off page and use Ctrl+C > Ctrl+Shift+A as sadly the Shape Fill attribute copies over as well as the Shadow ones.

With a Line, it is quicker to remove or change the Line Width.
    It is possible to do this with a Line of None Line Width but both it and the Shadow become invisible bit they are still functional, if you can find them.

Acorn