Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Well This Was a Pleasant Surprise! FULL WIDTH SLIDER/SLIDSHOW!?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcadman View Post
    Thx, Cliff... Question: Where is the setting to make the slideshow go full screen? Is it in the site settings? I am only seeing photos in the center of the screen (i.e. page width).
    [FYI... I tried "Cover" or "Cover & Stretch" in the Widget settings, but no joy.]
    -Tom
    Tom, a quick guess, without checking, would be to select the Placeholder and use Utilities > Web Sticky/Stretchy > Stretch properties: Full width.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn!

Cliff... transparent png graphics I place on top of the slideshow widget are 'ghosting' by taking on the background from the first slideshow image.(See attached images...)
    Did you run into this problem? If so, how did you get the logo to be truly transparent?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first-page-snippet.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	125177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo over slideshow-snippet.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	125176

Thx, -Tom

Utilities > Web Properties > Image > PNG (best for graphics)

Even though you import a png, Xara will change it by default. Jonopen answered this for me on my first ever question at TG.

Thank you! You saved me a lot of time.

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomcadman View Post
    Cliff... transparent png graphics I place on top of the slideshow widget are 'ghosting' by taking on the background from the first slideshow image.(See attached images...)
    Did you run into this problem? If so, how did you get the logo to be truly transparent?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first-page-snippet.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	125177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo over slideshow-snippet.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	125176

Thx, -Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Utilities > Web Properties > Image > PNG (best for graphics)

Even though you import a png, Xara will change it by default. Jonopen answered this for me on my first ever question at TG.

Well Tom... I'm glad Chris was able to help you out... I wish I brought up the problem 2 weeks ago because yes... I was having the same problem and it was driving me NUTS!!!
    But for some reason, fiddling with the size of the logo and changing position a pixel or two here and there worked it out... and once the problem stop showing a LOCKED IT and
    didn't go near it again. LOL And that was the help I was... going to offer because I did not know what was going on... and then came Chris...!

So, I too take Chris' help. Went back into the site applied his instructions and it works like a charm... hhhhhmmmmmm (So far) I'm a Xara pessimist... even though I love the app...

Thanks Chris (again)

Cliff

OK... so what do we take away form this thread? If you're putting an image (even though it's a transparent png over a slideshow) make sure you still go to 'Web Properites' set that image to .png)
    Last edited by cmpan1; 17 September 2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: another thought

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    OK... so what do we take away form this thread? If you're putting an image (even though it's a transparent png over a slideshow) make sure you still go to 'Web Properites' set that image to .png)
    Yes!

Also, not just slide shows but anywhere the transparency is overlaying a stretched/full width/fixed background/parallax/plus more that I can't think of. The default is 'Let Xara Decide' and it doesn't decide well in these situations.

It seems like it would be a good thing to be able to CHANGE the DEFAULT in OPTIONS for Web Image Type.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Yes!

Also, not just slide shows but anywhere the transparency is overlaying a stretched/full width/fixed background/parallax/plus more that I can't think of. The default is 'Let Xara Decide' and it doesn't decide well in these situations.

Yes Chris.... I'm so glad you mentioned parallax... one of my background images on the site (partners section) was originally had a parallax animation on it... I had to remove it because the above logos were all pickup up part of the background...
    Big save Chris... ! Thanks